Department of Teacher Education and School Research Postdoctoral Fellow
A position as Postdoctoral Fellow (SKO 1352) is vacant at the Department of Teacher Education and School Research. The appointment is for a three-year period.
The position is related to the research project LEXEL – Legal Standards and Professional Judgement in Educational Leadership, which has been funded by the Research Council of Norway 2012 – 2016 The LEX EL project. In the project researchers at the Faculty of Educational Sciences have collaborated with colleagues at the Faculty of Law. The aim has been to disentangle the complexity of legal standards in education and school leaders' professional judgement.
The purpose of the Postdoctoral Fellowship position is to sustain, develop and strengthen the department's interdisciplinary research on processes of juridification and legal regulation of education.
The position is also related to research areas covered by the research group "Curriculum Studies, Leadership and Educational Governance" (CLEG). More information about research topics covered by CLEG can be found on the research group's website: CLEG
In the assessment of the applications, emphasis will be put on:
- The quality of the project description
- The project’s alignment with the fields of research in LEXEL
- The applicants’ publications and academic and personal qualifications for conducting the project
- Personal suitability and motivation for the post
- Good ability to collaborate nationally and internationally and to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the area.
Applications must be sent electronically via Easycruit and must contain:
- Letter of application
- List of publications
- Certified copies of diplomas and testimonials
- Project description, including progress plan and budget (max. 10 pages). It is assumed that the applicant will be able to complete the project in the course of the period of employment.
- Any academic works that must be taken into account in the assessment (up to 10 academic works)
The application must be written in English.
As a general rule interviews will form part of the appointment process.
- Salary in line with pay grades 57 -65 (NOK 483 700 - 560 700 gross per year) depending on qualifications
- A positive and stimulating working environment
- Pension arrangements in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- A position in an inclusive working life enterprise
- Attractive welfare arrangements
The University of Oslo has an Acquisition of Rights Agreement for all employees for the purpose of securing intellectual property rights to research results etc.
Pursuant to section 25, paragraph 2 of the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act, information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list even though the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The University of Oslo also aims to recruit more individuals with an immigrant background to academic positions. Candidates with an immigrant background are encouraged to apply.
- Head of Department, Professor Rita Hvistendahl
Telephone: +47 22844030
- Professor Jorunn Møller
Telephone: +47 22857618
- Higher Executive Officer, Anna C.Gartner
Telephone: +47 22844422