Scholarships offered for the MSc. in Applied Oceanography
The University of Malta is offering two scholarships to support qualified students to follow the course. Scholarships are offered to two categories:
- foreign student from an EU country
- foreign student from a non-EU country
The scholarships cover bench fees, tuition fees and a maintenance grant of 1500 Euro.
Applications need to be supported by
- A letter of recommendation signed by a senior official of the nominating entity, university, institution, national or regional organisation (template).
- A curriculum vitae.
- A covering letter describing the applicant’s motivation for attending the course, and stating how this course fits to the career and endeavours of the applicant.
- A Secure English Language Test (SELT) result. The main Examining Boards recognised by the University include: Academic IELTS (a minimum of 6.0 in each element), TOEFL (a writing score of at least 24), and Cambridge Advanced Certificate (a pass at a Grade C or better is required). TOEFL and IELTS score reports will only be valid if issued within 2 years from the date of commencement of the course at the University of Malta.
The selection will be made by the Board of Studies of the course and will be based on the academic records and experience of the applicant and on their relevance to the nature of the course.
The scholarship can cover bench fees and tuition fees. The selected foreign students can also apply for a maintenance grant amounting to a total of 1500 Euro each, and paid in pre-instalments by semester. The scholarship does not cover travel costs.
Guidance on approximate costs for accommodation and living in Malta can be provided on request.
Dead-line for scholarship application: 31st May 2017
Notification of successful candidates: 15th June 2017
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.