University of Lugano Master Study Grants in Cyber‐Physical and Embedded Systems
Università della Svizzera italiana organises a contest for 5 study grants for students admitted to the first year of the Master in Cyber‐Physical and Embedded Systems for the academic year 2016/2017. Each grant corresponds to the annual tuition fee and is renewable for another year.
Conditions for participation
- Applicants must have obtained the Bachelor’s degree (passed all exams and defended the thesis) by July 31st, 2016 with a cumulative GPA of at least 80/100.
- Applicants must have been admitted to the first year of the Master in Cyber‐Physical and Embedded Systems at the Faculty of Informatics of USI beginning in September 2016.
- Applications must be sent by e‐mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for the submission of the applications is July 31st, 2016.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into consideration.
- All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their requests by August 19th, 2016
Conditions for the payment of the grant
The study grant is awarded in the form of a reduction of the tuition fee and cannot be exchanged for cash. If the beneficiary decides not to register at USI or withdraws after the first semester, he/she may not, under any circumstances, ask for a deposit of the grant.
The student recipient of the grant who pays the semester tuition fee of CHF 2’000 is required to pay the deposit of CHF 1’000 within the deadline indicated in the admission letter to confirm the enrolment. This amount will be refunded by the end of the fall semester.
The student recipient of the grant who pays the semester tuition fee of CHF 4’000 is required to pay the deposit of CHF 4’000 within the deadline indicated in the admission letter to confirm the enrolment. This amount will be refunded by the end of the fall semester.
This grant cannot be cumulated with other scholarships provided by USI.
Conditions for renewal
This study grant may be renewed to cover also the tuition fee for the second year of study. In order to keep on benefiting from it, the candidate must pass all the exams of the first year by the end of the autumn exam session (i.e. before the new academic year starts) and keep an average grade of at least 8,5/10.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: