INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Our Summer School is an excellent introduction to studying at an international university.
Summer study allows you to:
- Explore a particular topic in more depth
- Experience teaching from world-class academic staff
- Supplement your studies and gain international experience and credits at a world-class university.
ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC STUDY
English for Academic Study is a 4-week taster course for students who would like to familiarise themselves with the language and skills needed to study at degree level in an English-medium University.
If you’re thinking about studying in an English-medium university for the whole or part of your degree and want to know whether your English is up to the mark, this course will give you the opportunity to find out.
We use a communicative, task-based approach. Learners will practice using the four language skills:
- speaking and
- writing, to complete authentic academic tasks.
Improvements in vocabulary and grammar will be achieved mainly via individualised feedback
The course focuses on developing language and communication skills within the context of themes relating to culture and identity, the built environment, and quality of life.
It will include
- small group instruction using a communicative approach
- authentic academic listening through supplementary lectures
- weekly 1:1 tutorials and individualised feedback on progress
- study visits to places of interest
We have a long and distinguished record of delivering accredited courses in English for Academic Purposes.