University of Copenhagen PhD Fellow in Carbonate Sedimentology and Diagenesis
Department of Earth and Planetary System Science (EPSS), Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD scholarship in carbonate sedimentology starting April 15th.
We are seeking a geoscientist with strong interest in carbonate sedimentology and diagenesis to increase our understanding of the factors controlling reservoir properties in fine-grained carbonates like chalk. The investigations will be based on studies of selected outcrop analogs for both Tor, Ekofisk and Lower Cretaceous chalk and involve focus on linking sedimentary facies, reservoir properties, diagenesis and petrophysical log response.
The position is funded by the Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Centre and research will take place in close cooperation between DHRTC, Mærsk Oil and Professors Lars Stemmerik, Lars Nielsen and Klaus Mosegaard, University of Copenhagen.
Principal supervisor is Professor Lars Stemmerik, Department of EPSS, email@example.com.
Your key tasks as a PhD student at Science are:
- Manage and carry through your research project
- Take PhD courses
- Write scientific articles and your PhD thesis
- Participate in congresses
- Stay at an external research institution for a few months, preferably abroad
- Teach and disseminate your research
Key criteria for the assessment of candidates
- A master’s degree in geology or petroleum geology or a degree with equivalent academic level
- Good knowledge of sedimentology and diagenesis is a fundamental requirement
- The grade point average achieved
- Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD programme
- Previous publications
- Relevant work experience
- Other professional activities
- Language skills
Terms of employment
The position is available for a 3-year period for applicants holding a relevant master’s degree
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 306,667 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 42,361). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Cover Letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any),
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees
- Documentation of English language qualifications, cf. general rules and guidelines, p. 5
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministry of Science Technology and Innovation Executive Order no. 1039 of 27 August 2013 PhD Order.
By the end of March, all applicants will have received information regarding the evaluation of their application.
The deadline for applications is March 10th 2016. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
You can read about the recruitment process at http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: