University of British Columbia Online Course - Introduction to Marketing
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3 - 4 hours/week
Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Video Transcripts: English
Marketing is a crucial function in all businesses and organizations, and is becoming increasingly crucial to success in our modern global economy. This course, regardless of your industry background, will teach you core concepts and tools to help you better understand and excel in marketing. Key topics include Market Research and its importance to strategy, brand strategy, pricing, integrated marketing communication, social media strategy and more.
Learn through the award-winning teaching approaches of the Sauder School of Business’s marketing faculty. This course will bring a marketing lens to complex business and organization challenges and aid in holistic decision-making that aligns with customer and company goals.
This course is for anyone interested in marketing.
What you'll learn
- Develop a basic customer segmentation system
- Effectively target customer segments and position your product or service in the marketplace
- Begin to understand the psychology of consumer decision making
- Develop pricing strategies that maximize profitability
- Define appropriate channel systems and go-to-market efforts
- Understand how marketing metrics can benefit your business,
- Build effective communication efforts with customers.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: