Scientific Laboratory Technician
Our laboratory of 'Cardiac Surgery and Engineering' at the Department of Biomedicine of the University of Basel (Switzerland) needs a full time Lab Technician with a science background and the desire to support analysis, investigation, and research.
Main tasks will involve:
- performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations (e.g real time RT-PCR, Western Blots);
- performing of complex surgery (e.g. ischemic heart model) in small animals;
- carrying out bacterial culture.
Technicians with diploma or degrees and holding a higher qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. biology, biomedical science, biotechnology) will be favored, particularly if competition is high.
Fluent English and German (speaking and writing) are mandatory.
You will also need to show:
- excellent oral communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organization and to explain complex techniques to interested parties;
- the ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems;
- time management skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time;
- flexibility in order to work with and provide support for a number of people;
- teamwork skills and patience;
- attention to detail.
Please, if interested in the position, send your application by email to
Anna Marsano (firstname.lastname@example.org) within the 28th of February 2017.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: