About the program
These Scholarships were established in 1996 and revised in 2016.
The intention of the Scholarships is to encourage and support academically excellent domestic and international students, who are paying domestic fees, to undertake doctoral study at the University of Auckland. Students will be assessed for scholarship eligibility at the time of application to the doctoral programme.
How to apply?
You do not need to apply for this Scholarship or complete an online application form, it is awarded on the recommendation of the relevant Faculty or University of Auckland Committee.
For more information about the awarding process for this Scholarship, download a copy of the regulations from the website.
- the basis of selection will be academic merit and strategic factors
- the Scholarships are awarded by the University of Auckland Council on the recommendation of the Board of Graduate Studies
- Awarding will be based on academic merit, measured by the grade point average or grade point equivalent obtained
in the applicant’s most recent qualifying programme for doctoral study strategic factors may also be
taken in to consideration.
- Domestic and international students will be required to enrol within 3 and within 6 months respectively of the date of
their unconditional programme offer, otherwise the scholarship offer will lapse. Awardees must also
meet all requirements of their admission and scholarship offer before any payments will be made․
- The University of Auckland Doctoral Scholarships will provide support for up to 36 months of study and payments will
commence from the doctoral enrolment date. A further six months scholarship funding, subject to Scholarship SubCommittee approval, may be available. These durations shall be pro-rated for part-time scholarship awardees
- To comply with the full-time study requirement in Regulation 4, the amount of additional and paid work a Scholar may
undertake either inside or outside the University shall not exceed a total of 500 hours per scholarship year․
For more information click "Further official information" below.