We’re delighted that you’re interested in the master’s degree program at BTK. To be accepted to the master’s degree program at BTK, you first have to fulfill certain requirements. Everything you need to know is listed below. Should you have any further questions, our Student Guidance Office is happy to help.
You can apply a year in advance for your desired starting semester. The application deadline for the winter semester is August 25h of every year. After this deadline there will be a waiting list procedure for available study places each semester.
What is required for a Master of Design at BTK?
- Proof of a completed university degree qualifying you for a professional career in an art, design, or media-based area of business (bachelor’s or master’s degree from a university, university of applied sciences, or equivalent university in Germany or abroad); and the appropriate bachelor’s degree for which you have gained at least 210 credits in line with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of English. This is not needed for applicants who have completed their bachelor’s degree or profession-qualifying university degree in the English language.
- The same requirements apply for international students
 Degrees in subjects of Digital Media, Information Technology, Design, Communication Design, Media Technology, Media Science, Architecture, Interior Design, Set Design, or related subjects are suitable.
 You can also be accepted for the master’s degree program if you have completed your bachelor’s degree with 180 credits. The remaining 30 credits can be gained by the end of the first semester of your master’s degree program, or as an extra semester prior to starting the program.
For the admission procedure, a commission is formed and consists of at least two BTK full-time staff.
How to apply:
- Please use the online application form.
Once we have reviewed your application, you will receive an invitation to the interview and will be asked to provide a written proposal for a master’s thesis.
Please bring along to the interview:
- Your résumé in a tabular format.
- Bachelor’s degree, transcript, and portfolio with around 20 examples of your artistic work.
- Proposal for a potential master’s thesis, roughly sketched out. The proposal should encompass approx. 5 DIN A4-sized pages, including visuals and the following: title, brief description of the topic, artistic and academic significance of the project, possible methods and resources for realization.
The interview will last about 45 minutes and include a personal talk with at least two high-level representatives of our university. You will have the chance to present your proposal and your portfolio. If we have all the necessary documents, you will receive the results of the interview immediately afterwards.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: