Photography, Communication Design, Digital & Interaction Design, Illustration (Ger), Fotografie(Ger), Kommunikationsdesign (Ger), Film + Motion Design (Ger), or Game Design (Ger) - which program perfectly matches your talents? We’re delighted that you’re interested in our bachelor’s degree programs at BTK.
You can apply a year in advance for your desired starting semester. The application deadline for the winter semester is August 25h of every year. The application deadline for the summer semester is March 20th of every year. After these deadlines there will be a waiting list procedure for available study places each semester.
To be able to study at BTK, you have to fulfill the following requirements:
- You need to be eligible for studying at an institute of higher education and successfully pass the interview.
Proof of sufficient knowledge of English (B2 level). This is not needed for English native speakers!
- Important: Matriculation is only possible once all the necessary documents have been turned in, such as references, certified copies, and proof of health insurance.
- The same requirements apply for international students
How to apply:
- Please complete our online application form in its entirety.
- Upload a certified copy and the certified translation in German or English of your high school diploma or equivalent.
- Upload an English language certificate (B2 level); this is not required for English native speakers
- In case you have already studied in the area of design, please also submit the copy and the certified translation of your transcript.
Important: In the application phase, you must have already decided on which of the six degree programs (Communications Design (English), Photography (English), Digital & Interaction Design (English), Illustration, Film + Motion Design and Game Design) you would like to study. However, please note that you may change programs at a later time if desired.
Please also note that you will not automatically be accepted to BTK upon sending in your application. You first need to have your certificates proofed by our examination office and successfully pass the interview.
Once we have gone through your application and work examples, we can then evaluate whether you are suitable for studying at BTK. If yes, we will invite you to an interview. Please make sure that we have your correct, valid telephone number and can reach you under that number. Of course we will treat all your personal information with utmost confidentiality at BTK and will not pass it on to third parties.
What will the interview be like?
If you are located abroad you can attend the interview via Skype.
Please bring along to the interview:
1. Your résumé in a tabular format.
2. Your general high school diploma or vocational certificate as a certified photocopy and a certified translation in English or German thereof.
3. A portfolio of your own artistic or design work. This should contain about 15-20 examples (except for Game Design (B.A.), three to five concepts are sufficient). Please only include work that you genuinely believe in and stand behind. Please enclose in your portfolio a handwritten statement that the work contained within is truly your own.
4. If necessary, have with you proof of any extracurricular activities, e.g. projects that you are committed to. The quality of the concept and design will be reviewed.
You will talk with (at least) two representatives of BTK for about 30 minutes.
- First, you will be asked why you have chosen to complete a degree in design.
- Afterwards, your portfolio will be reviewed. Whether you are accepted as a student at BTK will depend on your portfolio and the results of the interview.
- After the interview, you will immediately be informed of whether you are accepted or not.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: