Agency - UNDP
Title - Technical Task Leader - Women in Politics
Job ID - 19608
Practice Area - Job Family
Democratic Governance - WOMEN IN POLITICS
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA) 03.12.2018
Duty Station - Yerevan, Armenia
Education & Work Experience - I-Master's Level Degree - 5 year(s) experience
Languages Required - Armenian E, English
Grade - SB4
Vacancy Type - Service Contract (SC)
Bureau - Europe & the CIS
One year with possibility of extension based on successful performance
Only nationals of the Republic of Armenia are eligible to apply
UNDP Armenia, in partnership with the RA Ministry of Territorial Administration and Development, has continuously implemented projects on women empowerment, gender equality and youth leadership in Armenia.
“Women in Politics” is a newly commencing initiative of UNDP which is supported by UK Embassy/Good Governance Fund and will be implemented in partnership with the RA Ministry of Territorial Administration and Development and OxYGen Foundation.
The project will work in the following directions:
- Exploring policy gaps for women political participation from grassroots to national level
- Advancing leadership potential and skills of women in communities of Armenia vis-a-vis community development processes and ongoing reforms (UNDP)
- Advancing the role and capacities of political parties for advancing women in politics (UNDP)
- Policy dialogue on gender equality and participatory democracy in the context of local development and ongoing reforms from local to subnational and national levels (UNDP)
- Advancing discourse on issues of gender equality and women participation at all levels through advocacy and public campaigns (OxYGen)
- Empower youth in the communities as enablers of local democracy and women support groups through empathy-building leadership models (UNDP)
Throughout implementation of its projects, UNDP combines conventional and innovative approaches, allowing room for experimentation and testing of new solutions with application of design thinking and user-centric approaches.
UNDP is currently soliciting applications for the position of Technical Task Leader for the mentioned project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of the Programme Manager and overall guidance of the DG and IBM Portfolio Analyst, and in close cooperation with the AWP counterpart institutions, the incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day management of the activities, delivery of inputs and outputs for the “Political Empowerment of Women in Armenia” project (hereafter Project).
Leading the team, responsible for the implementation of the Project:
- Supervise and support timely implementation of the Project activities;
- Supervise and guide the Project staff and experts; assess and evaluate their performance;
- Organize capacity development, networking events and roundtables associated with the Project;
- Ensure effective information flow and exchange within the team
- Ensure timely preparation of regular financial and narrative reports to UNDP, the UK GGF and the Project Advisory Board on Project activities, per required schedule.
- Prepare and regularly update Project work plan, budgets, risk logs, etc. for approval by UNDP Management and the Project Advisory Board;
- Manage the Project contracts outsourced to third parties to ensure timely and due quality of delivery of products and services;
- Perform financial certification function and provide oversight over the Project transactions;
- Confirm receipt of goods and services procured, authorize payments from the Project funds, monitor financial status of the Project;
- Provide support in identification and procurement of services and equipment;
- Acts as Project asset custodian;
To provide analysis and strategic advice:
- Support transfer of technical assistance and substantive advice to the working groups and beneficiary institutions in relevant sectors;
- Assess the situations and propose improvements based on best practice;
- Promote networking and experience sharing between the Project stakeholders and target groups;
- Contribute to raising gender awareness of the beneficiaries during interviews, workshops, training events, and conferences;
- Advise the beneficiaries throughout the Project implementation period.
- Liaise and establish proper professional relationship with the authorities on national, regional and local level.
To ensure Project visibility through preparation and implementation of a communication strategy:
- Foster due coordination and linkages of the parallel UNDP projects on women with relevant programmes in Armenia, particularly with activities of other programmes funded by international organization, and other stakeholders;
- Ensure coordination with Project partners for timely and successful implementation of the planned interventions;
- Ensure due information and communication flows for all stakeholders, promote networking and experience sharing between Project stakeholders and target groups;
- In absence of Programme Manager represent the Project on behalf of UNDP and the UK GGF as required, vis-à-vis the authorities, and other international and local organizations;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains positive and composed even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Master’s Degree in management, law, social sciences or another related field.
Experience: 5 years of experience in management or task leading at the national or international level. Experience in designing, monitoring and evaluation of development projects is an asset, as is knowledge of the latest development tools including applied user research.
Computer skills: Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Languages: Fluency in English and Armenian.
High level of integrity and professionalism. Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion.
Ability to handle big volume and scope of simultaneous tasks, as well as work under the pressure and in circumstances of diverse interests.
Demonstrated strong team spirit.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.