United Arab Emirates University PhD Scholarship, UAE
The minimum requirements for admission to the PhD program are:
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, in an area appropriate to the academic area to which application is being made.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in the Master's degree earned at an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- A score of 6.5 or higher on the IELTS Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines in which the main language of instruction is English or the dissertation must be written in English. This test score must be less than two years old at the time of application.
- A minimum IELTS score of 5.0 or equivalent is required for admission into an offering of the PhD Program whose language of instruction is Arabic.
- Individual Colleges may set additional and/or higher standards for admission to the PhD Program in the Department/College.
Application package must include the following:
- Completed application form;
- Identity documents as required for Emirati students (copies of passport and Khulasat Al-Qaid) and international students (copy of passport).
- Two certified copies of official transcripts from all Colleges or universities attended (the applicant must arrange for these to be sent directly to the Office of the Assistant Dean of the relevant College);
- An official copy of the applicant’s score on the IELTS exam or equivalent (the applicant must arrange for this to be sent directly to the Office of the Assistant Dean of the respective College); and
- Two letters of recommendation from professionals familiar with the student’s academic work.
For further PhD information or enquiries, please contact us by email.
Applicants are advised to contact the college and/or department in which they wish to study to discuss their application.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: