About the contest
Science for Sustainability
Science will be essential to reach many of the goals of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Sustainable solutions, whether at the global, regional or country level, require creativity, new advances in scientific knowledge, discoveries and innovations. Sustainability science promotes problem driven cross- disciplinary approaches to address interconnected environmental and social issues.
How do I participate?
Five thematic categories are open for photographic submissions:
- Science in everyday life
- Science for Peace and Development
- Biodiversity, Natural Heritage and Wildlife
- Water and Life
- Climate Change
So submit your entries and get a chance to win:
- 1st Prize –US$ 500
- 2nd Prize –US$ 300
- 3rd Prize –US$ 200
- Special Prize – US$ 200 for the most popular photo on social media
1. The contest is open to nationals of the six UNESCO Cluster countries, namely, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- Photographs must be submitted under the chosen category(s), with your name and residing country
along with a short description of the photo in not more than 30 words. Please mail your entries to:
- To participate for the special prize for the most popular photo on social media:
Like us on Facebook and follow on Twitter.Upload your photo on Facebook or twitter with the hashtag #Science4Sustainability #UNESCONewDelhi. Please make sure that the post is public. The photo with maximum likes and shares either on Facebook or with maximum retweets on twitter shall win this prize.
9. UNESCO will select the winning Entries on the basis of the following main criteria:
- Originality: Use your imagination and create something unique and memorable
- Effectiveness: Ability of the Entry to effectively convey the message
- Quality: Composition and aesthetics of the photo submitted.