Travel Photographer Society Awards is looking for the best snapshots taken on travels anywhere in the world If you think you have what it takes, submit your photographs to us now!
Please note that for the purpose of this contest, we will be following Malaysian Standard Time.
Submissions: Each participant can submit unlimited photographs
Early bird rates 19 Nov 2016 – 15 Jan 2017 (MYR42/photograph) approx USD 10
Normal rates 16 Jan 2017 – 05 March 2016 (MYR63/photograph) approx USD 15
All entries must be submitted on or before midnight 11:59pm (Malaysia Standard Time)
08 March 2017 – 24 March 2017: Judging
30 March 2017 : Announcement of the TOP 45
31 March 2017 : Announcement of the each categories winners & Travel Photographer Society Champ
04 May 2017: Prize ceremony at Whitebox @ MAPKL
27 April 2017 – 07 May 2017: Exhibition open for public
27 April- 07 May 2017: Photography Workshops : COMING SOON
For TPS Awards 2017 we have 4 categories, The categories are:
1. Landscape & Environment
2. People & Culture
4. Travel & Documentary
To ensure a smooth submission, please follow the naming instructions given below for your images. You need to name your image before uploading it on our website.
We regret that failure to do so may result in rejection and disqualification.
Naming convention: Photographer’s first name_Lastname_Title
Example: Alex_Lee _Unexpected
For further details, please refer to our full Terms and Conditions below.
How do I upload my image & pay payment online?
- Activate your account by following the steps in email sent to you.
- Photographs need to have been taken after 01.06.2012
- To submit photographs, click on ENTER on the upper right corner of the photo contest page.
- Select the relevant category for your submission.
- For multiple entries press the add (+) sign, select category.
- Press continue to make payment when you have completed your submissions. You can always login again to do submit more entries.
- Please always check your total entries and payable amount before proceeding to checkout. Any older files can be deleted by the (X) icon on the left.
- Choose your payment method. (Paypal or MOLPAY inclusive of Visa & Master Card)
- Fill all the required fields and submit the payment.
- If you are choosing paypal to make payment, after login, it will take you to the summary of your transaction. Please click ‘Return to Merchant’ to complete the process.
- If you choose to pay via MOLPAY, Visa and Master cards from all over the world are accepted.
- When the payment is done, please click exit to see summary of your transaction. Click on the tab to complete the payment or wait for the page to be redirected. Please DO NOT close the window or click anything. The window will redirect you to Travel Photographer Society page (This can take up to 40-60 seconds). This will confirm that your payment has been completed and images have been received. You will also receive a confirmation email.
- Images will be uploaded within 24 hours after screening by the admins.
If you are using your friend/spouse or relative’s credit card kindly email us these details:
- Name on credit card
- Number of entries submitted using the credit card.
- Participant’s full name and contact details.
- Email us at email@example.com
Files must meet the following specification:
- RGB or Adobe98 Colour space
- The image is not less than 800kb and not more than 2MB in size or maximum size on longest side 1200pixels.
- The photographs should have no watermarks/copyright units or logos.
- The photographs should be saved as Jpeg
- Only bleed photographs without border
- Entrants may use digital manipulation to optimise and/or crop images, adjust brightness, contrast and colour balance or retouch dust spots.
- Images may also be sharpened and multiple exposures in camera will be allowed.
- However, entrants may not use composite or montage photographs produced from more than one original image. Nor may they add or remove elements which would otherwise appear.
- No HDR and heavy post manipulation images allowed.
- All photographs taken after 01.06.2012 can be submitted.
- Anyone can participate. If you are under 18, please obtain your parent’s or guardian’s consent before entering.
The top 45 selected participants need to submit their high resolution copies of their photographs Jpeg ( at 300 DPI ) or Tiff files within the specified deadline. The failure to do so will result in disqualification from the Top 45 and the exhibition.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Travel Photographer Society Awards 2017 (“The Competition”) is open for everyone and there is NO AGE limit, excluding employees of TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER SDN BHD (“The Promoter”), their group companies or anyone else connected with the competition.
- The competition is open for all Travel Photographers (amateurs & professionals)
- Entries which have been named in other contests as a Winner, Finalist or Honorable Mention are eligible for subsequent awards. A *photographer* may win multiple awards can submit for the competition.
- Each entry cost Early Bird from 19th Nov 2016 to 15 Jan 2017 RM42 (approx USD$10) & from 16 Jan 2017 to 05 March 2017 RM63 (approx USD15) & you can submit as many photographs you like.
- All entries must be made personally. Entries made through agents/ third parties/ spambots/ code hacking/ multi-browser bots are invalid.
- IMPORTANT:If you are using your friend/spouse or relative credit card kindly inform us the details for example:
- Name on credit card.
- How many entries submit at time using the credit card.
- Participant full name with contact details.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All images submitted may be subject to moderation. The Promoter has the absolute discretion to upload or not upload any image and to remove any tagged image. The Promoter shall in particular refuse to upload any image for the following reasons:
- Use of defamatory or malicious content.
- Any indecent or inappropriate content.
- Photographers that belong to others or do are found in any contravention of the rules stated here.
- If the photographs are not approved for the above mentioned reasons, the entrant will be given a chance to replace the rejected photograph.
- All payments are non refundable.
- By entering, the entrant agrees that:
- They have personally taken the images submitted.
- They are the sole owner and copyright holder of the images.
- They grant to the Promoter the right to use the images from the date of entry to 18 months after the closing date of the Competition. The Promoter will use the images to further promote the competition/ future competitions. However, all such uses will credit the photographer, provided they give their agreement. (For the avoidance of doubt, copyright shall remain with the entrant).
- They grant to the Promoter the right to use other entered images from the date of entry to 18 months after the closing date of the Competition for no consideration. However, all such uses will credit the photographer provided they give their agreement. (As with winning images, copyright shall remain with the entrant).
- Promoter have the right to use selected images for the purpose of publishing, to advertise TPS for 18 months.
- Any other use of the photograph will be with the consent of the photographer.
- The winners may be required to produce the original image files before the prizes are awarded.
- Entries not fulfilling the stated criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. Where this is discovered after the prize has been awarded, the winner will be disqualified and the prize, or the equivalent value, returned by the entrant.
- Each entrant’s approved image will be shown on the promoter’s website and social media platforms together with the image description. The Promoter reserves the right to amend this description for reasons of presentation.
- The judging panel will select the photographers, whose images are deemed to best capture a spontaneous moment in time, portraying a land, its people, its wildlife, or culture. Pictures will be assessed for their:
- creativity and originality
- composition (technical excellence and quality)
- artistic merit (wow factor) and
- content (relevance)Each picture will be assigned a score by jury panel, whose scores will be averaged to produce a final score. In all cases when there is a tie, the entry with the higher artistic merit score will be deemed the winner. The jury’s decisions will be final and no correspondence will be accepted.
- Data Protection: your personal details will at all times be kept confidential and only used for the operation of the Competition. However by entering the Competition, unless you have specifically indicated otherwise, Travel Photographer Asia reserve the right to contact you with news, promotions and offers.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries or votes that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- Neither Travel Photographer Society Awards 2017 nor Travel Photographer Sdn Bhd responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by entrants as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. We further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- By entering the Competition you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- This Competition will be governed by the Malaysian law.
- The Promoter: Travel Photographer Sdn Bhd.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: