The ICARE - International Center for Agribusiness Research and Education
invites you to participate in a training on
Social Media Management
Tatevik Zohrabyan, MBA, PhD
The series of "Trainings for Industry Executives" conducted in ICARE during 2015-2016 is an initiative implemented by the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ GmbH) jointly with ICARE, and funded by EU, under the EU Targeted Initiative for Armenia project.
The 3-day interactive training will take place on July 27-29.
International Center for Agribusiness Research and Education (ICARE).
Address: 74 Teryan Street, 0009 Yerevan.
18:30 - 20:45, Yerevan time (this includes a coffee break). For details, see the agenda below.
The working language of the training will be Armenian and English; however, the PowerPoint slides will be in English.
TRAINING PARTICIPATION FEE
The training is free of charge. While similar hands-on trainings are quite expensive, GIZ and ICARE fully covers the associated expenses for the participants, thus staying true to its charitable, social, scientific, and educational commitments. Upon successful completion of the training, the participants will be awarded a certificate of participation. To qualify for the certificate, participants must be present in all the sessions.
This training explores how organizations, leaders, and individuals can maximize the business value of social media. This hands-on training is designed to equip you with a framework and best practices to maximize the business value of social media platforms, enhance your understanding of strategic communication within the social media context, and develop and refine your personal social media communication skills. Particularly, the course will:
• Provide an overview of the social media industry; introduce the main framework
• Explore best practices in discovering, segmenting, and targeting audiences in social media
• Define differences among social media platforms; think strategically about channel choice
• Explore the development, extension, and management of brands on social media platforms
• Learn strategies and tools to create remarkable, shareable, and strategically sound social content
• Develop marketing and distribution strategies for social media initiatives
• Explore best practices to measure and communicate the performance of social media strategies
• Examine the role of social media communications in both igniting and diffusing a crisis
• Use social media to enhance communication, innovation, and productivity within your organization
• Strategically examine your online identity and how audiences perceive it
• Capitalize on social media communications tools to drive the double bottom line
The training is designed for people who are interested in creating business value through social media. The training consists of theory and action-learning components. All the participants are expected to read the assigned readings and have active involvement during the in-class exercises.
After completing the training, participants will be able to:
• Apply the framework to any social media related problem
• Develop their own and company social media strategy
• Create an effective social media presence to best serve the objective at hand
A combination of PowerPoint presentations and in-class exercises will be used. The participants will be provided with training material ahead of time. A dynamic discussion and exchange of ideas through interactive class participation will be strongly encouraged.
Tatevik Zohrabyan is an aspiring entrepreneur with extensive work experience in Armenia and the States. She is a recent graduate of Massachusetts Institute of Technology, from the MBA program. Additionally, she received her Ph.D. and M.S. in Applied Economics from Texas A&M University. She will be joining IMS Health, the world’s largest international health care consulting company, and will concurrently work on her travel startup. Previously, she worked at the MIT’s Finance and Policy Center, the Amundsen Group, Baker Tilly Armenia, American University of Armenia, ICARE Foundation and the Caucasus Research and Resource Center.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
If interested, please register for the training by filling out the registration form (in English) and email it to ICARE Administrative Assistant Mrs. Arpine Arakelyan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration deadline is 18:00 pm, July 24. The seating is limited. ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED FOR PARTICIPATION.
If you have questions, please contact Tatevik Zohrabyan by calling at 094 91 98 73.
18:30 - 19:30 Introduction to Social Media (what is it, why is it important, types); social media management framework
19:30 - 19:45 Coffee break
19:45 - 20:45 Audience analysis; action learning exercise
18:30 - 19:30 - Strategic platform choice and brand strategy; action learning exercise
19:30 - 19:45 - Coffee break
19:45 - 20:45 - Content creation and social distribution strategy; action learning exercise
18:30 - 19:30 Measuring and communicating social media results; crisis communication through social media; action learning exercise
19:30 - 19:45 Coffee break
19:45 - 20:45 Use of social media internally and for social impact; your online identity; action learning exercise; wrap-up