We are delighted to announce the return of the Thomson Ecology Photography Competition!
The competition this year is entitled “The Seasons of the British Isles”.
Much of our work as an ecology consultancy takes place in the summer, but many ecological activities can be done throughout the year. We invite you to send us photos which illustrate the seasons – perhaps a seasonal landscape – or an animal or bird in a seasonal setting. The image must demonstrate the seasons for it to be considered.
The competition is open to everyone of any age, and images can have been taken anywhere in the British Isles.
The prizes are:
- £200 for the winner, and, the winning image may be published in our marketing material, for which the winning photographer will be paid a fee of £20 for each different use that may be made of the image
- £50 each for three runners-up.
In addition, we will issue a press release with the winning image, which could be picked up by any journal or newspaper. A previous year’s winning image was printed as a quarter page in The Daily Telegraph, giving massive publicity to the winner, so this is an exciting opportunity to show your skills, and possibly kick start a career as a commercial photographer!
Participation in this competition is free. Images will be judged by a panel of three, and the images will be judged on originality, technical ability, composition, overall impact and artistic merit.
- Your decision to enter the Thomson Ecology Photographic Competition 2016 denotes your acceptance and adherence to these rules.
- Images must not include pets, animals kept in zoos or at game farms.
- If you include people in your photograph, please confirm their acceptance of publication with your email.
- Do not submit images depicting wilful harassment or endangerment of wildlife or damage to the environment.
- Images must have been taken by the entrant, and not have won a national or international competition or have been published before.
- Photographs that have been materially altered in digital processing will be disqualified solely at the judges’ discretion.
- Submitted images may appear on our website and on a variety of social media sites as part of the promotion of this competition.
- All decisions by the judges will be final and binding.
For more information click "Further official information" below.