The New York Center for Photographic Arts (NYC4PA) invites photographers world-wide to submit images using any photographic process (print, image transfer, emulsion transfer, encaustic, black and white, etc.). Winners will receive $3,000 in cash awards, be featured in a New York Gallery Exhibition, on the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the MACRO 2015 catalog. The Grand Prize winning image will be posted on the NYC4PA home page.
We are very excited that Winners and Juror’s Selections will have the opportunity to participate in a gallery show, April 18 – 29, 2017 at the JADITE GALLERY in the exciting Hell’s Kitchen area in Manhattan.
RED, YELLOW, and BLUE balloons were the trademark of Wonder Bread for 1950s TV kids. They are also the three basic paint colors an artist needs. Mixed together you have a world of color and yet each stands out on its own as an important visual element.
This competition is about images in which one of these colors is a critical component. You will submit each image into one of the categories RED, BLUE or YELLOW. Possibilities include - black and white photographs with a single point of color, a red, yellow or blue monochrome, or any image where red, yellow or blue stands out as a focal part of the composition. Is the blue sky a main element of your image, a red ball or maybe a funky pair of yellow sunglasses? Have you modified a print to be all shades of red? Be creative and send us your best!
EXHIBITION AND AWARDS
- Grand Prize: One photographer will receive $750. The image will be part of the New York gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and the exhibition catalog. It will be featured on the home page of NYC4PA website.
- First Prizes: 3 photographers, one in each category RED, YELLOW, BLUE, will receive $300. Their images will be exhibited in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Second Prizes: 3 photographers, one in each category RED, YELLOW, BLUE, will receive $250. Their images will be exhibited in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Third Prizes: 3 photographers, one in each category RED, YELLOW, BLUE, will receive $200. Their images will be exhibited in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Jurors’ Selections: 15 additional images will be exhibited in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Honorable Mention: 20 additional images will be exhibited in the Online Gallery and listed in the exhibition catalog.
*All Prize Winners, Juror Selections and Honorable Mentions will receive an NYC4PA certificate.
This Call for Entries is open worldwide to both amateur and professional photographers. NYC4PA invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. Only 2-D work is eligible.
The entry fee is $35 for the first three images. Additional images may be submitted for $10 each. There is no limit to the number of images submitted.
Prepare your images as JPG, TIF, or PNG files not greater than 2MB. The longest side should be between 800 and 1,280 pixels.
PLEASE NOTE – IMAGES SELECTED FOR A PRIZE IN A PREVIOUS NYC4PA CALL FOR ENTRY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. IF THEY ARE SUBMITTED AND SELECTED BY THE JUROR THEY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. IMAGES PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED THAT WERE NOT SELECTED FOR A PRIZE MAY BE RESUBMITTED AT ANY TIME.
JUROR: ANN M. JASTRAB
Gallery Director - Rayko Photo Center and Gallery
San Francisco, California
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All entrants to NYC4PA Open Calls for Entry, by virtue of their submission, are attesting that the images submitted are their own work and there has been no copyright infringement. NYC4PA will not be held liable for any infringement of rights that might surface during the jurying or displaying of any image.
By submitting you grant NYC4PA the right to use your image(s) for promotion and advertisement of NYC4PA as well as inclusion in the NYC4PA catalog if the image is prize winning, juror selection or honorable mention.
Images selected by jurors for Prizes, Juror's Selection or Honorable Mention in a previous NYC4PA international call for entry are not eligible. Images previously submitted but not selected may be resubmitted as often as you wish.
Should your award notification or prize be returned as undeliverable, NYC4PA will not resend the notice (whether by the same or another method,) research your address nor make any further attempts at delivery, and your submission will be deemed ineligible. Please be careful when entering all your contact information.
NYC4PA would prefer to remit cash awards through a PayPal transfer. If you do not have a PayPal account to which we can remit your award, please contact us for alternate arrangements.
NON U.S. APPLICANTS
Our entry software has an address field for the state you live in. This applies to the US and several other countries - if you do not have “state” as part of your address simply leave that field blank - it is not mandatory.
If you have questions or issues please contact us at We will make every effort to get back to you as soon as possible. We will specifically be available via email, until 11:00PM EST on the last evening of the call.
For more information click "Further official information".