About the award
Deadline: 5:00 p.m. EDT Monday, May 1, 2017
The International Leadership Association (ILA) and the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) are pleased to co-sponsor the annual Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award to recognize outstanding unpublished papers by undergraduate and graduate students. The award is named in honor of the distinguished scholar and former Chief Executive Officer of the Center.
The winner of this year's award will receive:
- $1,000 cash prize
- Travel and Lodging (up to two nights), and Complimentary Registration to ILA's 19th Annual Conference, October 12 - 15, 2017, Brussels, Belgium
- Complimentary 1-year membership in the ILA
- Recognition at the ILA conference and in various multi-media ILA publications
Submissions may be either empirically or conceptually based. Multi-disciplinary approaches to research are welcomed. The paper should focus on some aspect of leadership or leadership development.
Submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
- The degree to which the paper addresses issues and trends that are significant to the study of leadership;
- The extent to which the paper shows consideration of the relevant theoretical and empirical literature;
- The extent to which the paper makes a conceptual or empirical contribution;
- The implications of the research for application to leadership identification and development.
Please read submission requirements carefully.
Papers must be authored and submitted by graduate or undergraduate students only. All authors must currently be students or must have graduated within one-year prior to the submission deadline of May 1, 2017. CCL staff and papers submitted to other CCL awards are ineligible.
To enter: Complete an online submission form. At the end of the form you'll be asked to upload three PDF documents (MS word-only documents will NOT be accepted). Please make sure you have these three documents ready for upload prior to completing the form. Separate attachments will NOT be accepted.
- The first PDF should only include the manuscript with the title of the paper on the first page. Do not include the author's name or contact information.
- The second 2-3 page PDF should only include the abstract with the title of the paper on the cover page.
- The third PDF should be a letter on university letterhead from one faculty member certifying that a student wrote the paper. All three PDF documents should be attached to the submission form and sent together. Separate attachments will not be accepted.
Please note: Papers are limited to 30 double-spaced pages, excluding title page, abstract, figures, tables, and references. Papers above this limit that are not completely doubled spaced may not be eligible for the Award and may be returned to authors unreviewed. Papers should be prepared according to current edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
Papers will be reviewed anonymously by a panel of researchers associated with CCL. In the absence of papers deemed deserving of the award, the award may be withheld. Entries (accompanied by faculty letters) must be received by 5:00 p.m. EDT, on Monday, May 1, 2017.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: