The Joachim Herz Stiftung has launched a fellowship program to foster interdisciplinary skills and support the careers of young scientists from various disciplines who conduct research in systems biology and neighboring fields. The “Add-on Fellowships for Interdisciplinary Science” do not cover living expenses. Instead, they allow PhD candidates and postdocs who are interested in further training in neighboring disciplines to attend conferences, finance research stays or undertake professional training needed in order to gain new insights into relevant research methods. The fellowships enable interdisciplinary research and qualification (e.g. stays at a research lab and participation in conferences), specialized equipment and tools (laptop, software, etc.), participation in events of the Joachim Herz Stiftung and fellowship meetings. Up to 20 young researchers will receive a maximum amount of € 12,000 per person to be spent over a period of two years. For fellows with children, additional funds are available to cover specific costs, e.g. related to childcare.
Fellowships start from November 2017
• Completed application form
• Letter of motivation (max. one page)
• Description of your research (max. one page)
• Supporting letter of supervisor/group leader (stating her / his support and the need for fostering the applicant’s interdisciplinary skills)
• Copies of the study diploma / transcript of records and possibly doctoral certificate
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.