Since 1998, the China Folklore Photographic Association (CFPA) has launched a call to photographers all over the world to document folklore phenomenon extensively and in depth. To this end, CFPA founded HPA, blessed with UNESCO’s support and is granted with its logo since the 2nd HPA. HPA gets held biennially and HPA 2017 is the latest session, short for the 10th Humanity Photo Awards.
HPA 2017 will call for entries from 16 September 2016, proceeded as a full-online photo contest. Therefore, our official English website of HPA will be vital for you to remember and conduct necessary actions there. You can find all the previous & current HPA relevant information as your reference on the website, including schedule, guidelines and submission, etc.
From Sep 16, 2016-April 15, 2017, participants can select, submit and edit their entries in a 7-month time. Throughout the HPA contests in the past, there were photographers from 162 different countries and regions, who have documented 178 cultural subjects around the world. We were hoping that no matter where you are from or no matter what you will submit, your work could set a new record of the HPA's figure.
If going through the previous award-winning entries on the website, you can tell that sharing folk cultures with photo stories is always the key of Humanity Photo Awards, HPA 2017 is no exception. You would also understand what and how to share your story by viewing more than 2,000 previous winning entries as well.
- Entries are required to be submitted online via the official website. Please click on “Submission", sign up and submit photos on the entry page in accordance with relevant requirements. All information is required to be written in Chinese or English only.
- The entrant’s name on the entry form should be the same as that on his/her valid identification/passport. Any other preferred name such as “professional name” or “pen name” will not be allowed. If entrants would like to have a preferred name on the certificate, please apply 30 days before the awards ceremony, send a formal declaration letter according to the organizers' requirements, and pay the cost of production.
- The photos must be taken by the entrant himself/herself, otherwise the entrant will be deprived of the right to win the award in the contest.
- Photos entered jointly by two or more than two entrants will not be accepted.
- All entrants will be deemed to have accepted the Guidelines of HPA 2017. Any legal responsibility relating to entries, such as copyright, right of reputation and portrait, right of privacy, right of trade mark, etc. will be borne by the entrants.
- The contest is open to everyone except the members of jury and the staff of HPA 2017 work team.
There are no restrictions on entrants in terms of profession, gender, age, nationality, country or region.
The China Folklore Photographic Association (CFPA)