- Late July 2016: Application for the next round of fellowships opens
- 23rd September 2016: Deadline for applications. Screening begins.
- Late October 2016: Invitations for the interview stage are sent out
- 30th November - 2nd December 2016 Video interviews for international applicants
- 5-6th December 2016: Live interviews for applicants who can join us at the University of Würzburg
- 1st January - 30th June 2017: Fellows join the GSLS and begin to pursue their PhD project
- an international (working language English) and widely visible research environment
- a fellowship for three years provided by the GSLS and the host laboratory
- your own research grant covering research expenses of your PhD project and travel money to attend conferences (5000 EUR/year) granted for at least one year
- the freedom to choose your lab, project and mentors - provided that there is mutual agreement - in one of the sections of the GSLS
- continuous supervision and mentoring by a thesis committee of three principal investigators (including a special mentoring program for female doctoral researchers)
- a strong network of peers
- advanced scientific and professional skills training
Application for the GSLS fellowships works as follows:
- Register online by clicking to "Further official information" below this article. Please follow the guidelines. If you have any technical problems, please contact Opens window for sending email@example.com. All non-technical, fellowship-related questions should be addressed to Opens window for sending firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carefully fill out the application form and upload all required documents.
- Application deadline: 23rd September 2016
- Notification about whether or not you are invited for an interview will be sent out by the end of October 2016.
- Do not ask your referees to send letters right now. Only ask your referees AFTER a notification that you were invited for an interview AND wait for our instructions. In this way we avoid hundreds of letters that are written in vain.
- Selected applicants from Europe (or travelling in Europe at that time) will be invited for an interview in Würzburg in November/December 2016 (travel subsidies available). International applicants from outside Europe will be interviewed by video conferencing.
For more information click "Further official information" below.