The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies Leadership Scholarship is one of the most valuable engineering, information technologies and project management undergraduate scholarships offered in Australia in terms of financial support and leadership development.
The Scholarship provides high performing students within the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies the ability to advance their growth as industry professionals and leaders.
Benefits to you
This Scholarship provides many opportunities, including:
- A structured professional experience program with some of Australia's leading firms, providing you with the opportunity to learn in the field, allowing you to graduate with unique business and leadership skills.
- Participation in the Faculty’s Leadership Program, which will provide you with a foundation in the following:
1. Skills and knowledge in self-leadership.
2. Capacity to build and work effectively in teams.
3. The ability to understand relationship and stakeholder management.
4. An instilled ethical and social responsibility mindset.
5. Ability to cultivate a systems-thinking approach to problem solving.
- Access to a valuable industry network with functions where you can meet with alumni, government and industry leaders - including from their professional experience organisation.
- Opportunities for participation in international collaborations.
- Ongoing mentoring from academic staff and others.
- $18,000 per annum to provide financial support during your studies. This would be for a period of three years for
- Information Technologies and Project Management courses, and four years for those in a Bachelor of Engineering course.
- Access to additional support and resources from both the Faculty and industry placement provider.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- must obtain an ATAR of 98 or higher in the NSW HSC or equivalent
- qualify to enter and enrol into an undergraduate program in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies at the
- University of Sydney, and commence in Semester 1, 2017
Payment and other details
Payments shall be made in equal instalments after the Census dates of each semester, subject to satisfactory academic performance deemed to be a minimum of credit average (65%) or above each semester. Scholars shall not hold any other primary scholarship simultaneously. Deferment of the Scholarship is also not permitted. Students must also be available and commit to the compulsory professional experience placements that form part of this Scholarship.
Applications Open – Wednesday 17 August 2016
Applications Close – Friday 14 October 2016
Interviews* – Monday 14 to Friday 18 November 2016
Conditional offers sent – By Thursday 1 December 2016
Full offers sent – Friday 16 December 2016 (same day as the release of ATARs)*IB students will have their interviews scheduled as soon as their exams conclude. Offer dates will also vary in line with the corresponding dates when IB results are released.
Final tips to complete your application
- Complete your responses in a Word document first and save the file. This allows you to take the time to think about your responses and work through them. Due to privacy constraints you unfortunately cannot save the actual application part way through the process.
- Be as concise as possible.
- Make sure you read through your answers to ensure there are no grammatical or spelling errors.
- Ensure you have read through our other UG scholarships on offer within the Faculty of Engineering and IT. You can apply for more than one scholarship in your application.
- Read through the applicable terms and conditions for this Scholarship which can be found below.
- When adding your attachments, think about would be relevant. While you might attach a copy of your Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award, copies of certificates achieved during school prior to year 11 are likely not to be relevant for the purposes of the Scholarship.
- You do not need a written reference from your school for this particular Scholarship.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below.