The Eurasia Mobile Challenge (EMC) is your opportunity to enhance your entrepreneurial skills, showcase your unique and innovative thinking and also win BIG!
This challenge is not only for people with technical skills, but for people with great ideas that can translate into viable solutions that meet a need in your community, or in the world.
The participating countries of the challenge will include Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan. The EMC team will be running acceleration bootcamps in every one of these locations, for you to come and join us and learn the key things that can give you the edge to win this competition.
Additionally, we will also match as many participating teams as possible with mentors in your respective country. Where face to face mentorship is difficult, we will attempt to organise remote mentoring online or on the phone. Upon submission of applications by the deadline posted below, all applications will be rated online via a judging system.
The top THREE applications from every one of the participating countries will be invited to a BIG Regional Final Event in January 2017.
At the Regional Final, you will pitch your idea with other teams (a total of 24 teams), in front of a panel of judges and you have the opportunity to win financial prizes and the opportunity to be invited to the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona to compete in the Global Mobile Competition against international teams.
- Your team must consist of at least two (2) and no more than six (6) people.
- At least one (1) member of your team must hold a passport from the Participating Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan).
- All members of your team must be over the age of eighteen (18).
- Your team should not have received more than Twenty Thousand US Dollars ($20,000 USD) in seed funding to qualify to participate.
How will the teams be judged and evaluated?
Teams are judged on how useful your idea/concept is, how feasible the business model is and the overall presentation to the judges. Judging and marking categories include:
- Problem addressed
- Business model
- The market potential for concept presented
- USD $20,000, USD $15,000, USD10,000 respectively for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Places.
- Winning teams will be nominated to compete at the Global Mobile Challenge in Barcelona during Mobile World Congress 2017.
For more information click "Further official information" below.