The Business & Diplomacy program is designed for university students, young professionals and academia representatives who wish to advance their internationally-minded careers. It aims to refine the skill-set, specific knowledge, and genuine experience in the growing field of lobbying and economic diplomacy. By combining intensive lectures and interactive training modules with detailed analysis of current trade issues, the course offers a platform to engage with economic, political, legal, and cultural lenses. The hands-on exercises and simulations shall allow the participants to apply the theoretical concepts in practice, as well as question them in light of the difficulties related to multilateral negotiations in trade and commerce.
The Business & Diplomacy program features
- EU Lobbying
EU Institutions and decision making process
EU scene: stakeholders and decision makers
Lobbying tools and strategies
Communication in lobbying
- Business Negotiations
Full day of case study based simulations
- Economic Diplomacy
Introduction to economic diplomacy
Domestic and external decision making
Main trade blocks and organizations
Recruitment is now open!
To apply, please fill in the online form available in the box below (See in the "Further official information" link below this article).
- 390 € without accommodation
- 610 € with accommodation
The registration fee includes 5 days of the courses, materials, coffee breaks, lunches, social events and diploma. All participants are expected to arrange their own travel and visas if necessary.
All participants must register online, filling appropriate form available at the European Academy website. Registrations made by telephone must be submitted subsequently by filling appropriate online form. Shortly after registering (no later than 5 weeks before the start of the event), each participant will receive confirmation with all the necessary information regarding the booked training or workshop and bank account details necessary to proceed with the payment of the workshop fee.
See the application form in the "Further official information" below.
Cancellation by European Academy of Diplomacy
- European Academy of Diplomacy may cancel a course, seminar or workshop if the minimum attendance is not reached, or if the event must be cancelled due to the presenter's illness or for technical reasons. Before exercising this right, European Academy of Diplomacy will try to reassign the registration to a different date and/or a different event location to the degree that this is possible and the participant consents to the reassignment. Changes will be notified without undue delay.
- In the event of a course being cancelled by the EAD, a refund of the course fee will be made but no compensation will be paid for any additional costs incurred.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Participants may cancel their registrations free of charge if written cancellation is received at least 3 weeks before the event begins.
- If the written cancellation is received between 3 and 2 weeks before the event begins, a flat rate of 50% of the course fee will be charged.
- If the written cancellation is received at less than 2 weeks before the event begins, a flat rate of 75% of the course fee will be charged.
- If the written cancellation is received at less than 1 week before the event begins full fee will be charged.
- If a participant drops out of the course or fails to appear without prior cancellation, the agreed fee is due in full.
- Substitute participants are accepted. Substitutions’ details should be received by the EAD at least 48 hours prior to the course start date
Should a participant require an invitation letter from the EAD, EAD is able to provide this as long as full payment of the course fee has been received. The EAD is not able to act on behalf of the participant and is not responsible for any costs incurred by failure to obtain a Visa.
The seminar documentation or parts thereof may not be copied, reprinted, translated, electronically processed, or passed on to third parties without written authorization from
European Academy of Diplomacy. Participants are obligated to observe the copyright protection of the software used during the seminar and not to make copies.
Unless specifically stated the course fee covers the workshop, materials, course documentation and the use of the necessary hardware and software products for the duration of the course, lunches, coffee breaks and accommodation (if the accommodation option was chosen by the participant). Travel and visa costs are not included in the price.
European Academy of Diplomacy offers a discount of ten (10) percent to alumni of other programs organized by the EAD. These discounts apply unless explicitly excluded in the course description. Discounts are taken into account by European Academy of Diplomacy when the invoice is issued.
Terms of Payment
- Seminar fees are due no later than 3 weeks before the start of the course. The participants are required to make a transfer to the European Academy of Diplomacy bank account. Account details will be provided to participants no later than 5 weeks before the start of the course. In exceptional cases the European Academy of Diplomacy will accept payments in cash.
- Place is guaranteed once payment has been received/proof of payment has been emailed to the course coordinator.
Participants are obliged to observe the safety regulations that are valid for the event location.
Participants, who register online by filling in the appropriate forms, agree to processing of their personal data for the purpose of recruitment or program organization.
Additional agreements must be in written form.
For more information click "Further official information" below.