Are you interested in a career in international affairs? Do you want to discuss complex contemporary issues in a diverse academic setting? Are you eager to visit Prague, one of the most beautiful cities in Europe? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, the American Institute on Political and Economic Systems (AIPES) is the program for you. Stand out in the competitive global job market and in graduate school admissions by gaining invaluable international experience this summer!
The Fund for American Studies (TFAS) has organized international academic institutes for more than 20 years. Our objective is to provide a rigorous academic experience, foster dialogues that cross borders, and create a global network of responsible future leaders.
AIPES is a unique program that brings together approximately 100-110 students from North America, Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia to explore fundamental issues related to political philosophy, political economy, and conflict management. The wide range of nationalities, religions, and ethnicities represented at AIPES gives participants the chance to interact, learn, and share their experiences in ways that can benefit their educational and professional development.
Spend 3 weeks in Prague, Czech Republic with 120 students from North America, Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia who are all passionate about exploring the many complex political and economic issues facing today's world. The intensive schedule is designed to maximize your time with an exciting variety of academic, professional, networking, cultural, and social activities that are designed to being the best out of every student.
AIPES consists of the following major components:
- Academic courses in political economy, political philosophy, and conflict management accredited by Charles University in Prague
- Guest lectures and panel discussions featuring prominent academics, diplomats, government officials, and business leaders
- Visits to famous Prague sites and optional excursions to different well-known places around the Czech Republic
- Social & Cultural events
Your participation also includes these exclusive benefits designed to make your summer in Prague an experience to remember:
- Housing in furnished dormitories
- Most meals provided in the dorm cafeteria
- Roommate matching with students from different countries
- A student pass for Prague's public metro, tram, and bus system for the duration of the program
- Comprehensive orientation upon your arrival
- Dedicated program staff members who are available to communicate with you about any issues related to funding, visas, and other general questions in the months leading up to the program
- Continued staff support while you are in Prague to ensure that you have the best possible experience
- Planned social and cultural events where you can connect with the other student leaders participating in the programs. These events may include a walking tour of Prague, visits to Prague museums and theaters, excursions around the Czech Republic, a bowling night, and a cultural presentations dinner
- An active network of over 15,000 alumni worldwide to join upon successful completion of the program
All accepted AIPES participants will be required to pay a participation fee. This fee will be designated towards your AIPES costs and will cover your room & board, breakfast and lunch (some days dinner will be included), academic materials, Charles University tuition, and special events. AIPES cannot cover your travel, visa costs (if applicable) and out of pocket money.
The participation fee is calculated first by the strength of your application, economic situation in your home country/region, if you will need any additional costs coming to Prague (ex. visa costs), and your scholarship statement and request. This participation fee will be no less than $400.00.
The total cost per student for TFAS is $3750.00. The difference between the participation fee and $3750.00 has been paid for by generous supporters of TFAS International and the AIPES Institute.