About the 6th NIF Winter School on Advanced Immunology
The NIF (Network of Immunology Frontier) Winter School on Advanced Immunology is being jointly organized by IFReC and SIgN to provide a new educational and networking venue for young immunologists. It is alternating annually between Japan and Singapore.
The 6th NIF School will be held from 22-26 January 2017 in Singapore, following those in Japan (2012, 2014 and 2016) and in Singapore (2013, 2015).
- 5 day intensive immunology course for advanced PhD students and early post-docs
- Faculty of 18 outstanding immunologists
- Accommodation cost covered by the school
- Selection of applicants will be on a competitive basis
- Application is free; SGD450 registration fee applicable to accepted participants
Note: Anyone who has been accepted into the school previously will not be eligible to apply
- Please Click on "Further Official Information" below and click again on the icons to download.
(Please use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browsers to download the documents)
CV and Statement from the applicant
(regarding his/her reasons or purpose for attending the program)
Abstract of the presentation to be presented by the applicant
Recommendation letter from the supervisor of the applicant
- Travel Fellowship form (optional)
history of the NIF School on Advanced Immunology
The NIF Winter School on Advanced Immunology has been created in 2011 by members of IFReC and SIgN Research Centers. The aim is to provide an opportunity for 50 selected international PhD students and young postdocs to meet with a Faculty of 18 world-class experts and explore networking and learning in Asia.
The five-day intensive program will be held in Singapore in January 2017. There will be lectures from leading immunologists on a wide range of topics and the format of the school will facilitate exchange of ideas and establishment of networking opportunities for all participants.
Our ultimate goal is for the school to become a major international focal point in the field of immunology in Asia and to foster a new generation of scientists who will lead and challenge the boundaries of immunological science in the future.
We welcome students from all disciplines to participate in the program. The selection process is highly competitive and we expect students to be highly motivated to actively participate to all the School activities during the five-day intensive program.
Network of Immunology Frontier (NIF)
The name “Network of Immunology Frontier” (NIF) comes from the names of the institutes, SIgN and IFReC, organizing this school. The NIF is a world-wide network of immunologists which supports the next generation of young researchers to drive the frontiers of immunology research and to form a network with peers from their generation.
Eligibility of the Winter School in Singapore on
- Ph.D. students in their final years and early post doctoral fellows
(less than three years since obtaining the Ph.D. degree)
- Participants are required to present a poster and a short oral presentation.
- Participants are required to participate in the whole program.
- Application is free, but a registration fee of SGD450 will be required from applicants that have been accepted to the school
- 25 Travel Fellowships will be awarded on a competitive basis (Applicants from America: SGD1500; Europe & Africa: SGD1200; Australia & New Zealand: SGD750; Asia & South East Asia: SGD500)
- Course registration fee of SGD450 will be waived for travel fellowship awardees
- Criteria: Scientific excellence and publication track
- A competitive selection process will be conducted based on the application materials submitted
- Admission quota: 50 students with balance gender participation
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- The results of the screening and selection process will be announced by 31 August 2016
- Each participant will be required to present a poster and give a brief oral presentation
Address: 392 Havelock Road Singapore 088539
- Accommodation cost will be fully covered during the school (5 nights)
- All meals will be provided
- Welcome Reception on 22 January 2016 & Farewell Dinner on 26 January 2016
- Please do not contact the hotel directly. All information will be provided through the school office
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: