Exhibit Dates September 24 – October 23, 2016.
Smithtown Township Arts Council seeks entries for its 35th Annual Juried Photography Exhibition at the Mills Pond Gallery. Home can be a place you are from, or a place you have moved to. Home can be found in the face of a loved one, or an object you find comfort in. This call for entry is open to all photography mediums, with consideration that the medium of photography is part of the message. Which medium best conveys your sense of home – is it digital, analog, mixed media?
About the Gallery
Mills Pond House Gallery is dedicated to showcasing the artistic development and achievements of our region and the nation. Our exhibitions provide diverse art experiences for individuals and reach our local communities through classes, special events and community outreach programs that focus on active and collaborative learning through the medium of art. By exhibiting historical and contemporary works of art from local to national sources, we bring arts and people together to discover, enjoy, and understand the nation’s rich and diverse artistic heritage. The gallery is operated by Smithtown Township Arts Council, With eight to ten exhibition opportunities each year, artists from almost every state in the nation have exhibited with us over the past 40 years. Guest jurors contribute to the critical dimension of the selected works in the gallery, providing a venue for artists working in a wide variety of media and subject. Smithtown Township Arts Council Inc. is a recognized 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization, classified as a public charity under sections 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) of the Internal Revenue Code.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit the Entry Form on the official website.
- Pay entry fee by check payable to STAC or with a credit card on our website (via PayPal).
- Email your jpeg entry images as attachments (please do not send links to Google Drive documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject Juried Photography Entry OR mail your jpeg images on a CD/DVD to Mills Pond Gallery, 660 Route 25A, St. James, NY 11780.
- Your images must be named: Artist Last Name, First Name, Title of Work . All entry images must be 72 DPI jpegs - sized at 3000 pixels on the longest side. Your entry is not complete until images, entry form, payment and statement have been received. You will receive an email confirmation that your entry is complete. *Caution: Entries will not be processed if instructions are not followed. Entry CD/DVDs will be destroyed.
- Email a brief artist statement (up to 250 words) (as a word doc or a PDF) about your work and how it relates to the theme of the show. Visit the official website for more info on artist statements.
$45 up to 3 entries $35 for STAC artist level members (current through October 2016). Artists may join at time of entry. Membership also includes artist registry and annual members exhibit.