The Symantec Research Labs Graduate Fellowship
Symantec is accepting applications for the 2018 Fellowship Program. Award decisions will be made in January 2018.
Symantec will award Symantec Research Labs (SRL) Graduate Fellowships to outstanding Ph.D. students who meet the eligibility criteria listed below. A key goal of the program is to fund innovative research that has real-world value, in areas where Symantec conducts business. We are soliciting applications for the following areas:
- Security and Privacy: New applications of cryptography, in the areas of information security, data center management, middleboxes, etc.
- Network and Systems: Distributed ledgers, high throughput network security, secure public/private Cloud infrastructure, mobile and web applications, Internet of Things, etc.
- Machine learning and data mining: Scalable methods such as graphical models, anomaly detection, predictive analytics, time series analysis, natural language processing, active online learning, and distributed model training, in support of the security and systems areas mentioned above, as well as adversarial attacks on such models.
- Human Computer Interaction: Applications of psychology, sociology, anthropology, behavioral economics, and other human factors to security and privacy.
Required Application Information
Application materials must include the following:
- Resume or C.V.
- Personal statement of research interests not to exceed 500 words. Applicants are strongly encouraged to articulate the value and novelty of their research.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or industry researchers who can evaluate the applicant's scientific aptitude and potential for research. Letters of recommendation may be sent separately and confidentially.
Application Dates and Process for the 2018 Fellowship
- Fellowship applications, including Resumes or C.V.’s, personal statements of research, and letters of recommendation, must be received no later than 5:00pm on December 1st, 2017 (Pacific Time Zone).
- As part of the application process, some candidates may be contacted for telephone interviews.
- Final award decisions will be announced in January 2018.
- Applications and letters of recommendation may be sent to us in the following ways:
Email to: SRLFellowship@Symantec.com
Attn. Kevin Roundy
900 Corporate Pointe
Culver City, CA 90230
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.