Venue: Thessaloniki, Greece
Open to: Students/Graduates from around the world
The International Hellenic University (Thessaloniki) in partnership with Charles University (Prague), Peace Research Institute Oslo - PRIO Cyprus Centre and with the support of the LSEE-Research on South Eastern Europe is organising the third edition of the Summer Seminar on Nationalism, Religion and Violence. The Seminar takes place from Monday 29 June to Friday 10 July 2015 on the premises of the International Hellenic University, Thessaloniki, Greece. The program offers 48 hours of teaching and fieldtrips and 5 ECTS (oral or written examination is required).
The key goal of the summer school is to contribute in a substantial way to the study of violence as a field. Furthermore, participants will have the opportunity to forge valuable connections with one another and with senior scholars working on various aspects of violence.
A certificate of attendance will be provided, at the end of the programme to all participants.
Students/Graduates will obtain 4.5 ECTS provided that they will have delivered an oral presentation (for example, the presentation of their research project) on a topic of their choice (guided by the summer school instructors).
Since degree requirements vary among universities, students/graduates are advised to ensure, preferably in advance, that their college or university will recognise such certification and award the suggested credits.
Students/Graduates from around the world are eligible to apply
- The tuition fees cost 450 euros.
- Participants are free to choose accommodation from a variety of options, with prices starting from 150 euros for the whole 2 weeks.
- Participants are responsible for their travel expenses.
Discounts and Fellowships
- 20%: early bird (for registration by 15 April 2015)
- 30%: Charles University students & International Hellenic University students & Alumni
- PRIO fellowships
- A number of fellowships for travel, accommodation and the waiving of tuition fees are available based upon merit and financial need.
In order to apply, you need to:
All applicants will be notified of admission decisions by e-mail within 10 working days of receipt of their application.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: