2017 Summer School on:
MIGRATION IN SOUTHERN EUROPE: SOLIDARITY, CRISIS AND BEYOND
July 24-August 1, 2017, Premises of the EPLO at Sounion, Greece
About the Summer School
- Α 7-day Summer program in English which updates you on the developments, challenges & impact of the migration and refugee crisis in Southern Europe with a particular focus on Italy, Spain and Greece.
- Explores the prospects for improving the current management of issues and relevant social policies.
- Open for Practitioners and Students of all disciplines (i.e. Sociology, Social Policy, International Relations,Human Rights, Economics et al.)
- On-Site Visits to 3-5 Reception Facilities & NGOs
- Meet key academics and experts working in the field
- Especially for PhD students: get feedback on your work
This seven-day course “Migration in Southern Europe: Solidarity, Crisis and Beyond” will investigate the developments, challenges and the impact of the migration and refugee crisis on southern European societies and on migrant populations. It will also explore the prospects for improving the current management of issues and relevant social policies.
In conjunction with the lectures and seminars, the program includes a full-day of study visits to facilities and organizations in the Attica region that receive and support refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants. Athens provides an ultimate setting for carrying out this program, as it comprises the main city of temporary or permanent stay for immigrants and refugees in Greece, and offers a unique environment that facilitates participants’ deeper engagement with the issues at hand.
Teaching will be conducted in English.
The tuition fee for the program is 380 € per person and includes:
- Light working lunch
- Return Transportation to/from the EPLO premises on the day of the site visits
- Access to the facilities of the EPLO including the EPLO library and online databases
- Participation in the PhD Seminar
- Certificate of Attendance
If you are interested in accommodation at the premises of the EPLO at Legraina, Sounion kindly contact the secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org and note that accommodation is limited. Room rates start at the price of 30€ per person per night in a double standard room.
How to apply
Applicants should submit an updated CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: June 30, 2017.
We strongly encourage early applications because spaces on the program are limited.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.