Summer School: “Incubating new policy ideas and networks”
The International Centre for Policy Advocacy, Soros Foundation Kazakhstan and the partners invite applications to attend our summer school entitled: “Incubating new policy ideas and networks”, which will take place in Almaty, August 1-5, 2017. This is an opportunity for young researchers and activists from Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, & Ukraine to bring new ideas to the table, advance policy analysis and advocacy skills, engage with peers and understand better what a policy career might look like.
We are looking for applicants who are:
- young researchers or activists (aged approx. 25-35) from Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Ukraine
- interested in pursuing a policy and/or activist career
- holding a degree or post graduate degree in social sciences or a policy related field
- And/or have experience working in an NGO, research institute/think tank
The course will support participants to develop their policy skills and policy-relevant projects through a combination of the following methods:
- practical policy skill building workshops conducted by an experienced international team from ICPA;
- practical application of the skills through development of a ‘pitch presentation’ and actual presentation before an audience/jury;
- peer learning through group work supported by mentors from the region; and
- insights/learning exchanges from policy practitioners from the region and beyond.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.