About the Summer School
Do you enjoy designing things and thinking creatively? Are you keen to shape the future through design?
Design can be a great source of innovation, frustration and everything in between. It challenges us to blend our creative insights with our science-based analytical skills. Experienced designers work swiftly towards useful results. At Twente, we focus on innovative and multidisciplinary design, design for behaviour change and lean design principles.
- Design Automation Fighting Nature
- Design for Lightweight Structures
- Design for Maintenance
- Design the Future
- Design for the Bottom of the Pyramid
- Innovative Design (TRIZ)
- Design Tinkering (Arduino)
- Design for Behavior Change
- Design for 3D printing
- Design of Food
- Design Scrumming
For further information or questions please send an email to: email@example.com.
Become a broader design engineer and develop your creative and science-based skills.
- Methods: Lab work projects, interactive lectures
- Course level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Target group: Students in their third Bachelor’s year with an interest in design
- Required knowledge: Basic understanding of engineering
- External speaker: Prof. Leonid Chechurin (Professor at the Lappeeranta University of Technology, Finland & St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University, Russia)
- Course leaders: Prof. Fred van Houten & Prof. Vanessa Evers
- Credits: 2 ECs on completion of full course
- Mix & Match: Possible, but you will not receive credits.
To attend the summer school, you pay a standard fee of €750. This includes:
- A tent to sleep in
- Course materials
For those not comfortable sleeping in a tent for a week, we offer different accommodations for additional costs.
Not included in the fee are personal expenses like travel costs (plane ticket, train ticket, etc.), travel insurance and other expenses, as well as accommodation other than a tent.
We offer several accommodation upgrades, including a log cabin and a hotel. A tent (including air mattress and sleeping bag) is included in the standard fee. Read more details about the accommodation options.
Please check the International Office of your University if scholarships are available.
CONTACT AND QUESTIONS
The application deadline is 1 August. However, we encourage students to apply as early as possible as some courses may fill up before the application deadline.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: