About the Summer School
Access to clean water is evidently crucial. With growing population, climate change, and emerging new contaminants, water challenges are omnipresent. It is of prime importance to understand water systems and their management, innovate water treatments, and explore e.g. energy generation possibilities from water.
- Produced Water (by Nieck Benes, Wiebe de Vos)
- Water Treatment and Purification (by Antoine Kemperman, Erik Roesink, Wieber de Vos)
- Water Footprint (by Arjen Hoekstra)
- Rivers and Seas (by Suzanne Hulscher)
- Blue Energy (by Kitty Nijmeijer)
- Interfacial Phenomena (by Rob Lammertink)
- Earth Observation of Water Cycle (by Bob Su)
- Ecodynamic Development and Design - Building with Nature (by Kris Lulofs and Ewert Aukes)
For further information or questions please send an email to: email@example.com
Build awareness of emerging technologies and scientific developments related to water management, treatment and fundamentals.
- Methods: Lectures, project, excursion.
- Course level: Beginner’s/Intermediate/Advanced
- Target group: Bachelor’s students of engineering or science
- Required knowledge: An engineering or science background at Bachelor’s level
- External speaker: Prof. Edward Cussler, University of Minnesota
- Course leaders: prof. dr. ir. Rob Lammertink, prof. dr. Kitty Nijmeijer, prof. dr. N.E. Benes
- Credits: 2 ECs on completion of full course
- Mix & Match: Possible, but you will not receive credits.
To attend the summer school, you pay a standard fee of €750. This includes:
- A tent to sleep in
- Course materials
For those not comfortable sleeping in a tent for a week, we offer different accommodations for additional costs.
Not included in the fee are personal expenses like travel costs (plane ticket, train ticket, etc.), travel insurance and other expenses, as well as accommodation other than a tent.
We offer several accommodation upgrades, including a log cabin and a hotel. A tent (including air mattress and sleeping bag) is included in the standard fee. Read more details about the accommodation options.
Please check the International Office of your University if scholarships are available.
CONTACT AND QUESTIONS
The application deadline is 1 August. However, we encourage students to apply as early as possible as some courses may fill up before the application deadline.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: