- Tuition Fee: 550 EUR ("Early Bird" fee: 500 EUR)
- Accommodation in CEU Residence Center:
- In Single room:28 EUR/ night / person -including breakfast
- In Shared Double room: 17 EUR/ night / person-including breakfast
- Estimated living costs: 210 -250 EUR
As the number of scholarships available is limited,funding offered by institutions or individuals is welcome so that we can invite more well qualified applicants. When choosing the financial aid package, please consider if you or your institution can contribute to the program expenses. Faculty and Ph.D. students are advised to approach their home departments for travel grants; researchers may have research grants available which can cover their participation; professionals may turn to their employers to fund their training at SUN. You can also consult some non-CEU funding opportunities listed in our FAQ section. While selection of applicants will be based on the academic merit of the applications, those willing to bear the participation costs fully or partially will be preferred in case of equally strong applications.
Financial aid is available in the following categories:
- tuition waiver
- accommodation grant
- travel grant (full or partial)
- Participants from Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union and Mongolia, as well as those coming from emerging countries worldwide can apply for financial aid in all categories listed above.
- Participants from developed countries are expected to pay tuition fee. However, there are a limited number of tuition waivers available on a competitive basis. Those who wish to apply for a tuition waiver should send a separate cover letter specifying their reasons.
- Participants are NOT eligible to receive financial aid if they attended two CEU funded Summer University courses within a four-year period.
- In case an applicant is accepted to two courses, which is only possible if the two courses are run consecutively, financial aid is only available for attending one course.
All packages will include the following:
- a minimum of 24 tuition hours per week
- a certificate of attendance
- access to course E-learning page (with readings, assignments, etc.)
- access to CEU facilities (Library, IT services, sports centre including the use of the indoor swimming pool, tennis courts)
- some social and cultural events depending on the course schedules (e.g. welcome and farewell reception / outings /fieldtrips / film screenings, etc.)
- Fee-Paying Package
Financial aid: N/A
Participant's own contribution: tuition, travel, accommodation, health insurance and living expenses
- April 30(Early Bird fee)
- May 28 (Full tuition fee)
In the event of cancellation, CEU will refund the tuition fee as follows:
- Before May 28 - CEU will fully refund the tuition fee.
- Between May 28th and 14 days prior to the course starting - 80% of the tuition fee will be refunded.
- Within 14 days of the course starting - no refund for tuition fees will be given.
- Financial Aid packages
- Tuition Waiver
Financial aid: tuition fee waived
Participant's own contribution: health insurance, travel, accommodation and living expense.
- Partial SUN Scholarship
Financial aid: tuition fee waived and free accommodation in a double room
Participant's own contribution:health insurance, travel and living expenses
- Full SUN Scholarship
Financial aid:tuition fee waived; free accommodation in a double room and a full or partial travel grant
Participant’s own contribution: health insurance and living expenses.
The Full SUN Scholarship includes a full or partial travel grant which can be applied for on a competitive basis and will be available in a limited number. Visa costs and short domestic trips are not reimbursed. The citizens of the following countries are not eligible to apply for a travel grant: Bosnia, Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and the western part of Ukraine and qualify therefore for a Partial SUN Scholarship.