Summer Internship Program in Germany, Cultural Vistas’ University of Michigan German Department
Cultural Vistas' University of Michigan German Department Summer Internship Program in Germany provides students with unique and enriching opportunities to enhance their careers while experiencing life and culture abroad during their summer break.
Internship placements are available in a variety of fields and are customized to match students’ career goals. Many internships are paid and scholarships are available to qualified participants who receive unpaid internships.
A limited number of language course stipends are also available for those who qualify. Internship duration is typically two to three months, with most students completing a three-month internship.
Cultural Vistas works with an array of global partner organizations to place participants in professional internships that meet their specified goals and career interests. Companies range from small family-owned businesses to multinational holdings.
Cultural Vistas’ University of Michigan German Department Summer Internship Program in Germany includes:
- Assistance drafting a German resume (Lebenslauf)
- Customized placement in an internship in your field of study
- Pre-departure orientation seminar in April
- Financial assistance for unpaid internships through the Cultural Vistas Scholarship Fund (must apply separately)
- Work authorization for Germany
- Orientation seminar in Berlin with a free night in a hotel
- Language course stipend (apply separately, based on need)
- Housing assistance
- Support in Germany throughout the internship
- Reentry toolkit on marketing international experience to U.S. employers
- Enrolled as a degree-seeking student at the University of Michigan
- At least two years of university-level instruction in the field of your major
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in German or the equivalent (additional language training available if needed)
- Practical experience in your target internship field (summer employment, prior internship, lab position, etc.) does not need to be extensive, but is preferred. The more experience you have, the more desirable you are to a potential host company.
Applications must be postmarked or submitted online by December 4, 2015.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.