The Master’s Program in Teaching English as a Foreign Language and the Center for Research in Applied Linguistics at the American University of Armenia (AUA) are pleased to announce the 4th Annual Student Research Conference, which will take place on Friday, June 12, 2015 at AUA. The Student Research Conference at the American University of Armenia is an annual conference that is organized by and for current or recent students in linguistics and applied linguistics. It is a venue where young professionals are able to share their projects with their peers in a welcoming environment and gain their first positive experience presenting in a public venue.
We would like to invite Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral students, as well as recent graduates from TEFL, TESOL, TESL, Foreign Languages, Applied Linguistics, and Linguistics fields to submit proposals to present at the conference.
- You must be enrolled as a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD student or have graduated no earlier than 2014 from a program in linguistics or applied linguistics.
- Both individual and group projects are welcome.
- Proposals should correspond to one of the following types of papers on “linguistics or applied linguistics”: (Both completed projects and works in progress are welcome)
- Original empirical research based on your own data
- Secondary research (analysis of existing literature with implications)
- Curriculum or material development projects
- Proposals must be submitted by April 19, 2015.
The Review Committee reserves the right to refuse the submission of any abstract or summary that does not meet the above requirements. The selection is carried out based on the blind review process. The reviewers receive only the titles, abstracts and summaries. The names and bios of the presenters are not available to reviewers. The Review Committee also reserves the right to request that your title and/or abstract be modified.
The Student Research Conference is free of charge for all presenters and participants. Conference participants should plan to cover lunch, travel and accommodation expenses.
Conference participants should familiarize themselves with visa requirements well in advance of the conference. The conference organizers encourage you to apply for your visa as early as possible. Complete information on how to apply for a VISA to enter Armenia can be found on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
Conference organizers will assist participants coming from outside of Armenia in locating optimal accommodation and other logistical requests.
EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
- Each room is equipped with a laptop, projector. Additional equipment must be requested beforehand.
- Please bring your own photocopies. A photocopier is not available at the venue.