Seize your opportunity.
Compete for the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award and qualify for participation as a «Leader of Tomorrow» in the world’s premier opportunity for intergenerational debates: The St. Gallen Symposium.
- Join the debate with 600 top global leaders and decision makers
- Share your thoughts, ideas and visions with the global elite
- Expenses for travel, board and lodging covered, travel service provided
- Meet 200 of the world’s brightest young minds
- Small and intimate gatherings with world leaders, exclusively for the Leaders of Tomorrow
- CHF 20,000.– prize money shared by the three winners
- Broad media coverage
- Become member of a truly unique and strong global community
Qualify with an excellent essay.
Your essay must answer the following question:
Breaking the status quo – what’s YOUR disruptive idea?
The notion of disruption captures today’s innovation zeitgeist. Nowadays, it seems everyone claims to be a disruptor – particularly young people with an entrepreneurial mindset. Let’s think beyond disruptive innovation in management and look at disruption more generally as something that breaks the status quo – be it in business, politics, science, or society. Pick the one of these four fields you are most passionate about, identify a problem of greater magnitude and come up with a disruptive idea to solve it. Your idea must aspire to inspire top-notch leaders worldwide. Do not free ride on the buzzword “disruption” but rather be bold and develop a truly novel and radical concept to win our prestigious award.
Apply for the competition and compete.
Take the following steps to maximise your chance of qualifying as a "Leader of Tomorrow" for the 47th St. Gallen Symposium:
1. Register now to get regular updates, advice and valuable information on the competition and the symposium.
2. Read the competition requirements and the eligibility criteria as outlined here. Please read them carefully!
3. Your contribution must answer the competition question as outlined here.
4. Log in to your competition account, skim over the application form and read the terms and conditions of the competition.
5. Complete the application form and hand in your contribution no later than by Monday, 1 February 2017 (23:59 p.m., last time zone).
6. If the jury selects your essay in the top 100, you qualify as a Leader of Tomorrow for an allexpenses-covered participation in the 47th St. Gallen Symposium (3–5 May 2017). The results will be announced via e-mail by mid-March 2017.
7. You qualify as a semi-finalist to compete for the prestigious St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award 2017 if the jury selects your essay for the top 20. You will be asked mid-March to pitch the essence of your essay in a 3-minute video presentation.
8. The jury selects you as a finalist if your essay and your video presentation makes it in the top six. You will be invited to present and defend your idea on the big stage of the 47thSt. Gallen Symposium.
9. The jury selects the three award winners based on both the quality of the essay and the performance on stage. The award is endowed with a total prize money of CHF 20,000.–.
10. In case of any questions, please contact the ISC-Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Be bold, creative and ambitious to surprise global leaders with your own unique idea - an idea that shall inspire and provoke the minds of hundreds of global current and future leaders!
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.