Israel and Spain are announcing the 8th Call for Proposals for joint R&D projects, focusing on developing innovative products and applications in all technological and application areas. Applicants are expected to develop ready to market solutions or projects which have strong market potential for Israel and Spain.
Although this call invites projects in ALL thematic areas, special focus is given to the following domains:
- Biotechnology and life sciences
- Cleantech (environmental, new energy sources and natural resource use and Water management technologies)
- ICT (including eHealth & cybersecurity)
Projects proposals submitted within the frame of this call could be financed by the respective National Authorities in Spain and Israel, in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect in each country:
- In Israel, every selected project can be financed by the OCS up to 50% (+ regional incentives for companies located in "development zone") of the eligible costs for research and development. If the project is successful and generates profit, the financial support of the Israeli party will have to be repaid, without interests, by means of royalties or profits resulting from sales. No repayment is due when the project does not reach the stage of the commercialization.
- In Spain, funding conditions for Spanish partners may vary depending on the nature of the project. For more information please access: http://www.cdti.es/index.asp?MP=7&MS=563&MN=3
- According to EUREKA practices, applicants can choose to ask for a EUREKA label without public financing (e.g. self-funding is acceptable for the purposes of this call).
Fore more information, please download the call for project information document.