South Moravian Centre for International Mobility Scholarships for Foreign University Students
- Scholarship 7000 Czech crown monthly / approx. 250EUR for the first study year to cover basic living costs (if students achieve good study results during the first study year, they can obtain scholarship straight from the university in the following years). No tuition fee in study programs in Czech language.
- Free administrative assistance and consultancy – help with university entrance exams procedure and during the first study year in the South Moravian region (diploma recognition, information service, visa, study matters etc.)
WHO CAN APPLY
- Foreign students from the third countries out of European Union pursuing follow-up master or Ph.D. study programs in Czech language, at partner universities in Brno, Czech Republic.
- Applicants, who have not studied at any of the Czech universities or secondary schools so far, except for preparatory and language courses or short-term study exchange programs. Those, who already have studied in the Czech Republic or have stayed here for minimum 6 months (dated to June 2014), are not eligible to apply.
- Study programs in technical and natural science are preferred.
- Good knowledge of Czech language is required (follow-up master studies require very good knowledge of Czech language, for Ph.D. studies each faculty has different conditions).
Detailed information can be found in the section How to apply.
Applications for the academic year 2015/2016 will be accepted from 1st December 2014 till 31st January 2015.
- 1st December 2014 – 31st January 2015: submitting on-line applications for scholarship
- February – June 2015: submitting applications at universities (applicant is obliged to watch the deadlines, each faculty has different conditions and deadlines)
- May – July 2015: entrance exams/interview at universities
- End of June 2015: final selection of scholarship holders. The selection is done by an independent selection committee consisting of vice-rectors of our partner universities.
Each applicant must have good knowledge of Czech language before arrival to be able to pass entrance exam at university and start studying in Czech straight after their arrival in Brno.
During the studies there is a possibility to attend complimentary courses to improve your language level -these are NOT intensive preparatory courses for beginners!! Courses are offered by Centre for Foreigners Brno, by SOZE and by some universities, too.
Tel: +420 725 745 596
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: