All submitted images must have been taken in 2015.
Photographers of all ages, backgrounds and experience levels are invited to enter the Open categories of the world’s biggest photography competition.
Aimed at photography enthusiasts, the judges are looking to award the best single shots across 10 diverse categories, from Architecture to Travel. Full list of categories are below.
In each category judges will award:
- 1 winner
- Up to 10 shortlisted photographers
- Up to 40 commended photographers
Prizes and Benefits
All winning and shortlisted photographers will be included in a global press campaign, featured across the WPO website and exhibited at Somerset House, London in April 2016.
Additional prizes include:
- Open Photographer of the Year - $5,000 (USD) plus flights and accommodation to awards in London
- Category winners - Sony product. Publication in winners’ book. Exhibition
- Shortlist - Digital exhibition. Publication in winners’ book
“All the main newspapers in Spain talked about me and the award. My Facebook page have increased hugely and I have followers from all over the world now. (I encourage others to enter because) it’s free and is one the biggest chances you have to get known. The risk is none and the opportunities are endless. There's no a single reason not to try.” Jaime Massieu Marcos, Winner, Open, Split Second, 2015
- Basic Member - up to 3 photographs for free, submitted into one category or spread across multiple categories
- Increase your chances by upgrading to Advanced Membership (enter up to 8 images) or Premium Membership (enter up to 20 images).
Please note once you enter this competition you will not be able to enter the Youth or Professional Competitions.
By entering the Open competition you are automatically entered into the National Awards competition. Please ensure your nationality is filled in correctly when you enter otherwise you will not be entered into your local National Award competition.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: