About the Internship
Are you interested in cutting edge data science research and development? Want to make contributions to an exciting Chicagoland company? Aspire to be surrounded by some of the best and brightest talent? If so – come summer with the social science team at Civis Analytics!
The Civis Social Science Team empowers clients to make good decisions based on sound social science methods. The team is responsible for the execution of survey research and serves as a clearinghouse for social science expertise. As a social science intern, you’ll work with the team members to help design research projects, program surveys, manage surveys in the field, report on results, and support R&D initiatives. The intern will conduct a research project over the course of the summer that contributes to the development of new methodologies or tools used by the social science team.
We are looking for individuals from a wide range of backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work, and on-the-job-excellence. This is a paid internship. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Undergraduate Juniors or Seniors in mathematics, statistics, economics, political science, sociology, communications, or other social sciences, and graduate students with strong quantitative skills are encouraged to apply
- Experience analyzing quantitative data
- Professional maturity; good organizational skills, and a desire to join a fast-paced environment where your actions can have a direct impact on our business
- Skilled in the use of software for statistical analysis and data management (such as Python, R, SQL, SAS, or Stata)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects or goals to maximize effectiveness
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong task and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
Experience in survey methods, marketing research, polling, or other social science research
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.