Win one of three $1500 Scholarships
Tell us about how small business has influenced your life and how you plan to use that experience in the future. Three deserving individuals will win a scholarship to use toward furthering their education at the college or university of their choice.
6. All entries must be received no later than March 31, 2016, to be eligible for the contest.
7. A panel of judges will review the applications. Essays will be judged on the following criteria:
- 33 1/3% - effectiveness, insightfulness, creativity and completeness
- 33 1/3% - organization and development of the ideas expressed, with clear and appropriate examples to support them
- 33 1/3% - consistency in the use of language, variety in sentence structure and range of vocabulary, use of proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
The judges will select 10 finalists. The decisions of the judges will be final.
8. The 10 finalists will be notified via email and will be featured on the official SuretyBonds.com voting platform. The three winners will be determined based on votes collected via our Small Business Scholarship voting platform. Voting will begin at 12:00 a.m. CST on May 1, 2016 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. CST on May 31, 2016.
9. Winners will each receive a one-time scholarship check of $1,500 to be used for future educational expenses. Winners will be notified via email on June 3, 2016. Winners will later be featured on https://www.suretybonds.com/scholarships
*A student's likelihood of being chosen as a finalist will depend upon the quality of all other entries as judged by the criteria stated above. A finalist's likelihood of winning a scholarship is 1 in 3 1/3, and winners will be determined via the public's vote on the Small Business Scholarship voting platform. In the event of a numerical tie based on votes, the panel of judges will select three winners. Prizes are non-transferable. All prizes will be awarded. Competition is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes. Winners and their parents/legal guardians will be required to execute an affidavit of originality, eligibility and compliance with rules, a release of liability and grant of publication rights within 10 days of the date specified in the notification. Failure to do so will result in the prize being awarded to the finalist with the next highest votes. Winners must provide a valid street address to which SuretyBonds.com can mail the winners their scholarship check, a publicity release, an affidavit of eligibility and complete a W-9 for tax purposes in order to qualify for receipt of the scholarship award in the amount of $1,500.
**All essays and all rights to their publication become the property of SuretyBonds.com, which may use, edit and excerpt these entries for purposes promotional or otherwise, including placing them online without compensation, additional or otherwise. SuretyBonds.com reserves the right to use prizewinners' names and hometowns in any advertising or promotional materials relating to this competition without further notification, permission, or compensation to the winners, except where prohibited by law.