About Beyond Baroque
Beyond Baroque is one of the United States' leading independent Literary | Arts Centers and public spaces dedicated to expanding the public's knowledge of poetry, literature and art through cultural events and community interaction.
Beyond Baroque's mission is to advance the public awareness of and involvement in the literary arts; to provide a challenging program of events which promotes new work and diversity; to foster a place in the community for the exchange of challenging ideas and the nurturing of new work; to support writers through readings, workshops, books sales, publication, access to archived material and performance space; to encourage collaboration and cross-fertilization between writers and artists in multiple disciplines with the goal of producing mixed media art; to use the literary arts as a foundation for increasing education and literacy in our community.
First Prize: $1,000
Second Prize: $500
Third Prize: $250
Five Honorable Mentions will also be awarded.
All winners and honorable mentions will be invited, at their own expense, to read their poem(s) at the Beyond Baroque
Poetry Contest Reading in April/National Poetry Month at Beyond Baroque Literary Arts Center in Venice, California, time and date to be determined.
Mail entries with reading fee to:
Beyond Baroque Literary Arts Center
2016 Poetry Contest
681 Venice Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90291
Winners will be announced in January 2017.
- Entrants must reside in the United States.
- Poems must be submitted in English. If the poem has been translated from another language, please submit the original as well. No previously published poems will be accepted, simultaneous submissions are accepted, but if your poem is accepted somewhere else before the deadline, you will be asked to withdraw or replace it with another poem. No previous publications in traditional print magazines or books. Online previous publication is OK.
- Entries of 1-4 poems must be accompanied by a check or money order for $20 made out to Beyond Baroque. No online submissions or payments will be accepted.
- You may submit up to 4 poems per entry fee, and each poem has a maximum line limit of 42 for each poem.
- Each entry should be accompanied by a cover letter with the author's name, address, phone number, email address and the title of each poem being submitted.
- This is a blind judging. POEMS SHOULD HAVE ONLY THE TITLE OF THE POEM ON THEM, but no personal information
such as the poet’s name. If the poem takes up more than one sheet of paper, each page should be numbered with the title of the poem on it, and the number of pages listed on each page (1 of 2, and 2 of 2, etc.).
- If you wish to receive confirmation of your submission, please include your email address, or a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- All entries must be postmarked by September 1, 2016.
For more information please click on the "Further official information" link below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: