- Level of study: Undergraduate or Postgraduate (eg Bachelor's or Master's degree).
- Field of study: any program offered by the Faculty of Science. See Appendix 1 in the Terms & Conditions for eligible Science programs.
- Citizenship: International students (excludes Australian citizens and permanent residents).
- Applications close: 1 December for a semester 1 (February) commencement; 1 June for a semester 2 (July) commencement
- See the Terms & Conditions for further details.
Full Degree Scholarships
- If you enrol in year one of a UQ Faculty of Science full degree program.
- Award value: single payment of AU$10,000.
Advanced Standing Scholarships
- If you enrol in a UQ Faculty of Science program with advanced standing (credit articulation), for example on the basis of previous study at a Polytechnic.
- Award value: single payment of AU$3,000.
Following the closing date, UQ will select winners based on a competitive, merit-based process:
- Selection will be based on candidates’ academic performance as demonstrated by their Grade Point Averages (GPA);
- as well as their potential to contribute to science, assessed on the basis of their personal statements.
How to apply
For either the Full Degree Scholarships and the Advanced Standing Scholarship options:
1. Lodge an official UQ undergraduate or postgraduate application form for international students for entry into one of the eligible Science programs.
2. Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the scholarship closing date).
3. Complete and submit the Science International Scholarship online application form (See in the "Further official information" link below this announcement).
1 December for a semester 1 (February) commencement
1 June for a semester 2 (July) commencement
Incomplete applications or applications which are found to be inaccurate, false or misleading will not be considered.
Wherever possible, UQ will notify applicants within three weeks of the scholarship closing date of the result of their applications.
For more information click "Further official information" below.