School of Oriental and African Studies Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary
There is one Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary, valued at £4,500 in total. The Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary is intended to off-set part of the cost of tuition fees or assist with living expenses.
The bursary is for students undertaking full-time postgraduate degrees involving the study of the modern history of the Arab world. Eligible programmes are:
- MA History
- MA History and Intensive Language
- MA Historical Research Methods
- MA Historical Research Methods and Intensive Language
- MA Near and Middle East Studies
- MSc Middle East Politics
- MA Gender Studies
- MA Media and the Middle East
- MSc Development Studies
- MA Israeli Studies
- MA Palestine Studies
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 24 February 2016.
- You must submit a complete online application to your programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for the scholarship. Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Number of applications normally received
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by end-June. If you have not heard from us by end-June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
You must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time masters programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form,which will be available here from 28 January 2016.
SOAS, University of London
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091