Scholarships for Lithuanian Language and Culture Summer Courses
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania takes pleasure offering Lithuanian state scholarships for students, lecturers and researchers of foreign countries for Lithuanian language and culture summer courses. In the summer 2016 Lithuanian language and culture summer courses will be organised at 5 Universities:
|Vytautas Magnus University||July 17 – August 13, 2016||
Ms Aurelija Čėglytė
K. Donelaičio st. 52-210, Kaunas, LT-44244
Phone number: 00370 37 327828
|Vilnius University||July 3 – 30, 2016||
Mr Andrius Apinis
Universiteto st. 5, Vilnius, LT-01513
Phone number: 00370 5 2687214
|Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences||August 1 – 28, 2016||http://leu.lt/en/studies/summer-courses/lithuanian-language-and-cx1v.html||
Mrs Vilma Leonavičienė
Sevčenkos st. 31, Vilnius, LT-03111
Phone number: 00370 65916438E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|July 22 – August 18, 2016||
Ms Jūratė Derukaitė
Herkaus Manto st. 84, Klaipėda, LT-92294
Phone number: 00370 46 398 544
|LCC International University||July 31 – August 27, 2016||http://www.lcc.lt/home/study-abroad/cie/lithuanian-language-and-culture/||
Ms Inga Smelaja
Kretingos str. 36, Klaipėda, LT-92307
Phone number: 00370 623 25539
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL CANDIDATES
- The candidate has to be a student (not in the final year), lecturer or researcher at the higher education and research institution of the particular country listed above.
- N.B. for candidates from POLAND: the candidate has to be a student (not in the final year) of Lithuanian (Baltic) Philology at the higher education and research institution of the Republic of Poland.
- N.B. Requirement for the candidates from the group No V “Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin” - the candidate has to be a child, grandchild, great-grandchild of the Lithuanians living abroad or a foreigner of the Lithuanian origin (citizens of the Republic of Lithuania who have lived abroad at least three years or citizens of foreign states who have lost the citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania shall be regarded as Lithuanians living abroad. A foreigner shall be considered to be a foreigner of Lithuanian descent if at least one of his parents or grandparents is or was Lithuanian and who considers himself Lithuanian).
- Priority will be given to the applicants who apply for the summer language and culture coureses for the first time (this priority is not applicable for the candidates from the group No V “Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin”).
- 1st cycle (Bachelor), 2nd cycle (Master), 3rd cycle (PhD) students, lecturers and researchers of all study/research fields approved for the Lithuanian language and culture summer courses will receive a scholarship of 514 EUR.
- Lecturers and researchers of Lithuanian (Baltic) field approved for the Lithuanian language and culture summer courses will receive a scholarship of 858 EUR.
- For the candidates from the country groups No. I, II, III, V: tuition fee for Lithuanian language and culture summer courses will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania.
- For the candidates from the country group No. IV “Freemovers”: tuition fee for Lithuanian language and culture summer courses, accommodation costs and other expenses have to be covered by the scholarship holder from the scholarship received or other financial recourses.
Tuition fees by the organising institution 2016:
|Institution||Tuition fee in EUR|
|Vytautas Magnus University||608,20 EUR|
|Vilnius University||666,13 EUR|
|Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences||724,05 EUR|
|Klaipeda University||639,48 EUR|
|LCC International University||637,16 EUR|
- Any other fees such as student union fee, library membership fee, etc. shall be paid by the scholarship holder.
- Travel and accommodation costs shall be covered by the scholarship holder.
- Scholarship is intended to cover scholarship holder’s expenses only. Additional amounts for accompanying partners or family are not provided.Lithuanian state scholarships cannot be coupled with other grants, scholarships or other academic exchange programs.
List of documents to be submitted (in the order given):
- Printed and signed online application form.
- Official original letter from the candidate’s higher education and research institution approving the status of a student, lecturer or researcher. N.B. For students the letter must contain information on applicants current cycle of studies (1st, 2ndor 3rd study cycle), year of studies and expected date of graduation.
- One original recommendation letter ((written within past six months) from home higher education and research institution on relevance of chosen courses of the candidates future career.
- For students - transcript of the academic records of the last two semesters from the candidate’s present higher education and research institution.
- Document (original/copy) (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, CPE, language courses certificate, signed letter confirming the proficiency in the language from the home university) of the proficiency in English, Lithuanian or another language acceptable for the host institution).
- Copy of the valid identity document.
Additional documents submitted by the candidates from the group No. V “Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin”:
- A certificate or other document proving the Lithuanian origin issued by the Lithuanian community of respective country or other competent authority (an embassy and similar);
- A document issued by a competent foreign authority (a school, municipality, embassy and similar) proving that the person has resided for three years in a foreign country if he is an alien.
Documents must be:
- Completed in English, Russian or Lithuanian only (or with certified translations into one of these languages).
- Submitted in one original set. This set must be put into plastic sheet or envelope. Please do not put each individual document into plastic sheets or binders.
- Typed and printed (handwritten documents will not be accepted).
Documents submitted only online or sent by fax or e-mail will not be accepted. Incomplete applications or postmarked after the deadline will not be considered.
1st of April, 2016 – deadline for the application submission. Online application form can be found here. Online Application System will be closed at 12.00 Central European time (GMT+1) on the 1st April, 2016. Printed and signed online application form with additional documents should be sent by post not later than 1st of April (date as per postmark) to the institution mentioned in the countries’ list above. 1nd of June, 2016 – e-mail notification on the results for the Lithuanian language and culture summer courses.
Education Exchanges Support Foundation
Rožių al. 2 Vilnius, LT-03106,
Phone: (+370~5) 249 8189, fax: (+370~5) 249 7137