For the second time, the Hochschulwerk of Witten/Herdecke University, in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), offers a scholarship for international Witten/Herdecke students from lower income countries.
This funding forms a program of non-repayable support to help to ensure that a Witten degree is accessible to all academically talented international students regardless of family income. As tuition fees can be paid after the completion of the studies in dependence on the personal income (inverse contract between student generations), this award is intended to help with living expenses only.
The scholarship comprises a monthly grant of €700,- for 12 months with the option of extension for another 12 months. It is not intended for PhD students. It is not possible to study correspondence courses at the UWH. Eligible are Witten/Herdecke international students who meet the following criteria:
- Nationality of a lower income country (annual GDP/capita less than 10.000,00 $)
- Registration certificate or successful application for a degree program at Witten/Herdecke University. You have to have a confirmation letter from the University Witten/Herdecke, affirming that you will definitely study at the university.
- Personal need of funding (to be confirmed by the Social Committee)
The application deadline is 15 September 2016.
We do not give out any information on how to apply to the University Witten/Herdecke or to what programs are offered. For this information, please visit our website.
You may apply to this scholarship by sending the following documents to Dagmar.Koch@uni-wh.de
- Your CV
- An informal motivation letter and declaration about your financial background (one page total)
- The confirmation that you have received a place in one of the degree programs of Witten/Herdecke University
For more information on application please click on the "Further official information" link below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: