Institute of Oriental Studies, Russia-Armenian University, Yerevan
Open new Orientalistic space
INSTITUE OF ORIENTAL STUDIES,
RUSSIAN-ARMENIAN UNIVERSITY, YEREVAN
Institute of Oriental Studies, Russian-Armenian University (IOS RAU) opens its new space. The official opening ceremony will be followed by the academic seminar “Serindipity”, launching a Series of academic lectures in various fields of science.
We aim at creating the atmosphere of academic and cultural partnership, and hope that the Institute’s space will become a solid platform for the development of humanities in Armenia and wider in the region.
PROGRAMME OF THE EVENT
16:00 - 16:40 Opening speeches
- Prof. Dr. A.R. Darbinian, Rector, RAU
- Prof.Dr. Vardan Sahakian, Deputy Chair, Committee of Science, RA
- Prof. Dr. P.S. Avetisian, Pro-Rector, RAU
- Prof. Dr. Garnik Asatrian, Director, IOS, RAU
- Mr. Seyed Mohammadreza Heydari, Head of the IRI Cultural mission in Armenia
16:40 – 18:00 - Coffee-break
17:00 – 18:15 Seminar Chair: Victoria Arakelova
- Levon Yepiskoposian. My Neanderthal Great-great-grandmother.
- Ara Marjanian. Serendipity: From Amir Khosrowо Dehlevi to the April War.
- Victoria Arakelova. Serendipity: in the Orient and in the Oriental Studies.
- Garnik Asatrian. On an Unknown Pagan Ritual in Ancient Armenia.
Time: October 23 2018
Venue: Library of the Institute of Oriental Studies, RAU (123 Hovsep Emin St., RAU building, right wing, 3d floor)
NEW STRUCTURE – OLD TEAM
Established less than two years ago, IOS RAU has organized several international conferences under the aegis of “Iran and the Caucasus” (Brill, Leiden-Boston), currently associated to this academic structure.
Apart from “Iran and the Caucasus”, the Institute publishes the monograph series “Yerevan Oriental Series”, the international annual “Caucaso-Caspica”, “Iran-nameh: Armenian Journal of Oriental Studies”.
Institute of Oriental Studies, RAU offers BA and MA levels in Oriental and Areal Studies (Iranian Studies, Arabic Studies, Turkic Studies and Indology) , as well as PhD in Ethnography and General and Comparative Linguistics.
For more information, visit our sites (https://web.facebook.com/RAU-Institute-of-Oriental-Studies-518262385048390/ and http://orient.rau.am/eng/oriental-studies-at-rau) or contact directly (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; tel. +37493160185 Shushanik Ayvazian)