Herbert and Inge Littauer Nursing Scholarship
If you are a full-time student with at least one year of your nursing diploma or degree left to complete, and can demonstrate disadvantage, this scholarship can provide assistance towards your study expenses.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $2500 as a one-off payment.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be enrolled full-time in the standard semester 1 and 2 in the Diploma of Nursing (C5313) or the Bachelor of Nursing (BP032) at RMIT in 2018
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- have/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
- have at least one year of your program to complete in 2018.
Preference will be given to students who are current or former refugees. Students who meet the following criteria will also be considered:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders
- Applicants who were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- Applicants who have relocated from a rural/regional location to study at RMIT in Melbourne.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application. Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
Please refer to the Supporting Documentation – Financial and Educational Disadvantage Guide which outlines acceptable forms of supporting documentation.
You will need:
- One letter of recommendation, preferably from an academic, dated no more than three months ago to support the statements you have made in your application. To assist the academic provide them with Writing a Scholarship Letter of Recommendation for a Student for tips and guidance.
- A copy of your current or former Permanent Humanitarian Visa or refugee documentation from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (if applicable)
- If you studied at an institution other than RMIT in 2017, you will need to provide a copy of your academic transcript.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Applications close 11:59PM Sunday 19 November 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: