Riot Games Art Internship Program
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve theLeague of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
If you can see it in the game, you're seeing the Art team's work.
We're looking for artists who're just as passionate about League of Legends as they are art. Maybe you haven't won a Polycount competition yet, but you're on track. You marry your masterful technical skills and passion for games while understanding that game art's ultimately about creating better overall experiences. Whether it be 2D, 3D, animations, or VFX, you embrace the finer points of artistic aesthetics, including light, color, value, form, and composition.
As an Art intern, you may be:
- An animator: you'll be the creative wizard who brings characters to life using your spell book full of classic animation principles and body mechanics
- A character artist: you'll be the creative wizard who transmogrifies 2D concept art into living and breathing 3D characters, translating your 2D skills into a 3D workflow
- A concept artist: you'll generate, sketch, and iterate the visual ideas, insights, and eye candy that take even the smallest kernel of a concept into full-fleshed character or environment
- An environment artist: you'll channel your wealth of concepting, modeling, and texturing experience to help us tell stories through visually compelling environments
- An Illustrator: you'll put stylus to Cintiq and create the splash image that represents the essence of the project
- A technical artist: you'll create, improve, and maintain rigs for characters and props
- A visual effects artist: you'll design and help implement the sleek, dynamic and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay
- A visual designer: drive and evolve the aesthetic quality of creative material including in-game UI, web page, advertising campaign, and corporate branding materials
- Please read through the internship page before applying. It includes great info that'll increase your chances at landing the gig.
- Your application must include a cover letter and resume. In your application pitch, share your summoner name and experience with League of Legends, why you're interested in Riot, what you want to learn and what we can learn from you. Help us understand why you're right for this team by sharing what you've done that's truly above and beyond and how that may relate to this internship opportunity
- In your cover letter, please specify the team you're most interested in working with (and why) and include a link to your portfolio
The application deadline for this internship is February 29, 2016. Applications received after this date won't be eligible for a Summer 2016 internship. We understand that a great internship application takes time and effort, so we promise to match that time and effort with a response by March 11, 2016.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: